Chapter 8

"Hi Pete..." Vegas murmured and raised his gun.

There wasn't much Pete could do in that position, he was ready to pull the trigger and eliminate his target even though it was impossible for him to dodge Vegas. The head of the minor family smirked and looked at his son.

"You didn't come late for once, I'm surprised. Come on Vegas, shoot!" Pete's target ordered. Vegas looked at him and smiled relieved as he rapidly pulled the trigger. Pete shot too, he was sure he was going to die but he had to kill the target at least. He closed his eyes right after the two guns fired but when he opened them he realized that his enemy had two bullets in his chest, laying in a pool of blood.

"Wh... what happened?" Pete asked instinctively.

Vegas put his gun back into his pocket and ran to Pete, he laid his hands on Pete's shoulders and looked at him straight in the eyes.

"Listen, there is a motorbike right under that window behind the desk. Leave now and tell your boss what happened. I will come soon too..." Vegas explained.

"No, you'll come with me now." Pete replied.

Vegas looked away for a moment, he hesitated and then nodded, there was no actual reason to reject that offer, his brother was prisoner of the major family after all. He climbed down the window right after Pete, he got onto the bike and drove away.

"Why did you do that? He was your father..."

"I'm sure that a man like that can't be considered a father, he deserved what happened to him. I was a failure to him after all, his face when he realized that I shot him instead of you was priceless, it made all those years of pain totally worth the wait" Vegas explained when they stopped in front of the major family's mansion.

Macau quickly ran to his brother as he saw him entering the hall, Vegas patted his back, Pete smiled a little and turned to leave the two of them alone.

"Where are you going Pete? I saved you, don't you think you owe me a favor?"

"But you wanted to do that, so you can't ask me for a favor if it was something you were going to do anyway" Pete replied smirking.

"Fair, but your target tortured me after you shot me, you owe me that one at least..."

"Well... maybe that one..." Pete responded.

"Macau, was he nice to you? Last time I saw you two together he was ready to kill you" Vegas asked. His brother nodded smiling, there was no reason to doubt that answer, Macau wasn't the type of person who would pretend to smile just to please the others. No matter how naïve he could be, Macau noticed the peculiar way Vegas was looking at Pete, he nodded and left them alone.

"So, what kind of favor were you thinking about?" Pete asked.

"I've always wanted to try the restaurant of the Theerapanyakul Tower but I hate having lunch all alone so you will eat with me" Vegas replied.

"Just that?" Pete asked confused.

"Considering what I had to endure because of you, that will be just the beginning..."