|| 9 ||

"Why did you cheat?"

You weren't an idiot of any kind. You didn't know how that piece of paper managed to end up near you. You wanted to do several painful things to your teacher.

Why would you even risk cheating to pass his useless subject. There was no way- absolutely no reason as to why you would cheat. But here you were stuck doing lines, your head hurts to think of the essay you would have to write at home.

Surely, in every storm cloud, there is a silver lining.

You crack your fingers and drop your pen as you finally finish your lines, smiling as you think of your home suspension. You don't worry much about any scolding you might receive from your mother, after all, it wasn't like she cared or anything. You liked to think of this one week of home suspension as a special vacation. Your headache subsides momentarily as you think of all the things you could do at home and away from your pathetic school. Sure, you would miss a few lessons here and there but hey, you weren't an idiot. You could manage.

"Hey," you turn to the sound of a male's voice. It's Kise.

"Hey," you greet back, you stand up from your seat and take some of your things.

"I heard that you got suspended."

"And where did you hear that from?"

"Some chatty girls in your grade, I think."

"Well, I think they were right."

"Come on, is it true or not?" He asks, a smirk already making its way up his handsome features, "that way I can get my manager to 'schedule' some photo shoots."

"That's a nice sentiment, I suppose."

Kise snorts, "it's not a sentiment, it's what friends do."

"Friends," you shake your head lightly as you place your things back into your bag, "huh, I guess you are my friend."

"You wound me."

"Well," you chuckle cynically, "that's the only thing I can do."

Kise frowns as he watches you lean slighty on your desk but he remains silent. These years he's spent with you has not gone to waste. He knows you better than anyone else, even Kasamatsu.

"Who can I not hurt?" You ask yourself sadly, "even he, he will leave me. I'm sure of it. It's all their fault, isn't it? It's their fault, that's why I can only hurt people. I can never heal or love because they never did teach me."

He notices the tears prickling your eyes and he wipes it away, wordlessly. You lean into his touch unconciously, smiling bitterly at his tenderness.

"Even you, Ryota, one day, you'll leave me too. Everyone does-"

He pulls you into his embrace, stunning you into silence.

"I will never leave your side, not when you're still like this."

Your eyes widen, still surprised at his actions. Ryota often gave you friendly hugs, you attributed it to his childish and endearing nature. But this, it felt intimate it was on another level. There weren't any innocent intentions in his touch you could practically feel a different vibe in the way he touched you.

"I love you, (Name), always have, always will."

You roll your eyes and try to wriggle out of his hold but he's too strong, "you're just saying that."

"I'm not. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I'll say 'I love you' to you no matter how many times it takes."

His words strike you, drives you completely off balance. After your parent's divorce, you believed it impossible...

"Shouko, I love you and (Name) very much but I love someone else much more than you two."

Your father's parting words to you and your mother have haunted you endlessly. How could he? How could Kise fall in love with you? Your own childhood friend! That cute and quirky little boy next door! How could you not have seen it?

Unconsciously, you melt into Kise's embrace. You hug him back unsurely and you can feel the sudden jolt in his spine. The pleasure of you holding him with as much tenderness as you could.

"I love you, (Name)."

You keep quiet and process all of these sudden revelations silently. A voice in your mind screams at the weight of your actions and the mistakes you are making.

"You're just like your father. You want too much."

But right beside that screaming voice, is a soft and sensual whisper that tells you to go on.

"I love you Yukio, but-"

"What the hell is going on here?"

The spell is broken. You see your boyfriend in the doorway, hurt and anger flashes in his eyes. It is only in that moment that everything falls into place.

"What do you think we're doing, Yukio?"