|| 10 ||

"Why did you cheat on me?"

You give him a small smile, your fingertips graze his cheeks- sending sparks he hadn't felt in a long time down his back.

"Because, I realized something."

"Which was?"

"I realized that everyone would leave me. Sooner or later. Everyone always does."

"But-"

You place a finger to his lips, interrupting his sentence.

"I wanted too much. I was in over my head, Yukio. I bit off more than I could chew. You see, this was the first time in my life that I had ever been given this much love again. And I was so scared that I would never be given something like this again."

You pause to take in a deep breath to compose yourself.

"I-I gave you a stupid and half assed answer back then because I wanted too much Yukio. I love you both. Goddamn. I still love you, Yukio. I'm such a selfish bitch aren't I?"

"Hey," he whispers as he runs his fingers through your hair like he used to. "I-I understand now, thank you for telling me the truth. It's okay (Name)."

"No," you shake your head, "it's not."

You look at him. They say your eyes are the window to the soul. As he looks in your eyes, he sees the insecurity, regret, loneliness, and sadness that you had kept deep in your heart.

"I'm Atlas, carrying the weight of the sky. I tried to get rid of it but in doing so, my burden transferred over to you. I sacrificed you for my own selfish reasons."

As you say your piece, the tears that you had held back for so many years finally break out.

"In doing so, I sacrificed us. And I've ruined everything."

He holds her as she cries. Finally understanding, he closes his eyes and thinks of their time that had frozen over and was tarnished forever. He had so much anger, he had so many questions but now he has nothing.

No more anger, all the missing pieces to his puzzle have been supplied now. There was only one thing he could do now. To fix this relationship, to go back to their time together, to return to the love they had once shared or to end it, permanently, to finish it.

To build or to break.

He only had to say three words.