|| 1 ||

Your hair is a mess, your clothes are strewn all over the room, and your arm is poking out of your striped comforter. You were always a deep sleeper, the only thing that could wake you up was the sound of the alarm clock you had since you were a middle school student, you didn't know why but it was the only thing that managed to wake you up. Nothing else would. Only 5 seconds til it rang and you slip into your routine, your carefully planned steps. 

1. Brush your teeth. 

2. Shower. 

3. Put on your clothes, and your almost 'not there looking' make up.  

4. Wake up your roomate.

5. Make a small breakfast for yourself and your roomate. 

6. Go to the university. 

7. Go to the cafe for your part-time job.

8. Wait for your roomate to pick you up.

9. Make dinner, but on Tuesdays or Thursdays then you guys would pick up dinner at Maji Burger.

10. Change.

11. Bathe.

12. Sleep.

13. Repeat.

Very monotonuos, but in that plain monotone world of yours, you were able to keep your mind from drifting to him. Your failed high school love. It is in between steps 2 and 3 that your thoughts do drift to him. You wonder if you would see him at the University. It would be inevitable, you applied to the same university and your classes were in the same building.

You carefully walk over to your snoring roomate's room and gently shake him awake. 

"Ryouta, wake up." 

"(Name)," comes your childhood friend's sleepy voice, "is it time already?" 

Guilt starts to pool into your system. Ryouta's photoshoot and practice had ended rather late last night. Besides, the fact that he was a senior was also adding to his stress levels. You were amazed that he managed to hide signs of his stress piling up beneath his smile. He was always smiling. But being his roommate and childhood friend had taught you differently. It seemed that only in your company was he free to complain or be tired.

"Yeah. I'm sorry for waking you up this early. Your photoshoot ended really late last night, didn't it? Do you want to sleep for 5 more minutes?"

"No, it's okay."

"Alright."

"(Name), I want pancakes today."

"Sure."

You walk into the kitchen and prepare your breakfasts. As you wait for the pancake iron to heat up, you check the calendar and inwardly sigh in relief.

Friday.

"I never thought you'd really make pancakes," he yawns as he pulls out some orange juice from the refrigerator.   

"I'm going to be out late tonight. I'll be drinking with a couple of my friends." 

"What about your part-time job?"

"I've got Fridays off remember?" 

"Yeah." 

"Hey," you playfully chide Kise after seeing the rather childish pout on his face, "I have a social life too."

"I know, it's just that," he trails off.

During the silence, you transfer the pancakes to the plate and a wicked idea takes its shape in your mind. 

"Ryouta, are you jealous?" 

"N-no!" 

"Aww," you coo, pinching the blonde Forward's smooth cheek, "it's alright, Ryouta, you'll always be in a special place in my heart (the friendzone)."

"It's not like that!" 

You glance up at the clock and swear. You quickly run to grab your cream coat, hat, scarf, and gloves. "I've got to go!" 

"But it's still too early."

"I promised to help a friend."

"Hm."

"Take care of the  dishes for me, will ya?" 

"Sure, see ya, (Name)."

"See ya, Ryouta!"  

You are hastily putting on your coat and gloves as you exit your shared apartment. 

-

"Honestly, Moriyama, university life is a bitch," you admit as you walk to class with Kaijou's former shooting guard. 

"You've got that right." 

"I'm so glad we're going out drinking with the others tonight." 

You hear an audible gulp from Moriyama, "uh, about that." 

"Screw it, Moriyama, I'm in a good mood today. Go ahead." 

"We're actually going to a goukon, since we were down 1 girl." 

Kobori and Hayakawa end up having to keep you from beating the shit out of Moriyama. 

-

You look around the room, beside the girls from the other university. You gulp since you actually manage to hold your own against them. Thank God, you managed to run back to your apartment and change into something that didn't make you look like a man.

Correction: You called Kise for his fashion advice and you were about 5 minutes late. It was fine since Kise said something about being fashionably late. 

"Well, girls, this is (Name)-chan," Moriyama introduces, "she used to be our manager back in high school." 

You give a curt nod and flash them what Kise called your 'decent human being smile'. 

"I'm Moriyama, that tall guy is Koji Kobori, that little rascal is Mitsuhiro Hayakawa, and well, our other friend still hasn't arrived yet." 

The girls from the other university are actually really nice, not at all like what you'd seen in animes and they'd taken your presence as a way of finding out more things about the guys. The four girls ask if you want to go to the restroom with them and you agree, finding that going away with them for a little break might lessen the boys' shyness. 

"Do you know anything about the guy who's not here yet?" 

"Not really, I just found out that I was going to a goukon now." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah." 

"So, (Name)-san, the guys seem nice." 

"They're just really shy, you know." 

"That's cute." 

"Yeah, they're all such dorks. But they're really great once you get to know them."

The girls exchange laughter and you can't stop chatting with them as you returtn to the table. But there is an unwelcome additon, for you at least.                                                                                       

Because lo and behold, there was Kasamatsu Yukio sitting amongst his old teammates. Your heart wrenches painfully because he is every bit the dorky, quirky, stern yet lovable boy you once loved and lost. And you still haven't managed to get over him.