|| 2 ||

He's sitting in front of you, wearing that old jacket you got him for his birthday. He's gone a long way from being deathly afraid of girls. He wouldn't 'blush like a middle school girl', as you had kindly put it before, anymore. He could hold his own in a civilized conversation. But still, he had that edge around him, that wary look in his eyes that kept the girls at bay from making a move on him.

Somehow, you're relieved.

His eyes are trained down on his plate and he's chewing his food silently as the others mingle. Nobody seems to mind your sudden silence. Soon, the others decide to go to a nearby karaoke place and you politely ask if you can leave early, making up a convincing excuse about your younger brother being home alone. The guys don't mind but the girls ask if you could hang out with them sometime. You nod, gratefully accepting their contact number.

"Just in case you want some girls to party with," the girl says with a wink.

"I'll go with you."

Moriyama's eyes widen, "o-oi, Yukio-"

"It's dangerous for a girl to walk home at night, I'll send her home."

"I-it's fine, Kasamatsu. I can go home by myself."

"I insist."

-

And so, you're stuck walking home with your ex.

"You don't have a younger brother, (Last Name)."

"That's true."

The two of you walk in an uncomfortable silence.

"You're calling me by my last name," he notes.

"Well, I lost a certain privilege, didn't I," you retort, wincing at the coldness of your voice.

He opens his mouth to say something, he didn't expect that. He definitely didn't expect you to snap at him like that.

"I'm sorry," you say quickly.

"It's alright."

-

You're standing in front of your apartment with Kasamatsu in tow.

"I guess we're here," you state.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Well, thanks-"

"Do you want to get a drink with me?"

You stand there, unsure of his intentions.

"I just-" he rubs his neck, looking at the ground, "it's been a long time and I thought we could catch up or something besides, it's still early and there doesn't seem to be anyone in there."

And I know how lonely you get.

He's looking at you. His eyes piercing your own, looking at you with a strange emotion you can't identify. Something close to affection, something like nostalgia.

"Okay."