| epilogue |

"So this is her," Moriyama whistles, "she's just Yukio's type isn't she?"

Kobori grimaces, "yeah, well, at least he's happy."

"What's Kasamatsu's type?" Hayakawa asks, eyes narrowed as he scrutinises the picture. "She is pretty, but doesn't she look like ___-"

Hayakawa's eyes widen in disbelief.

"NO WAY!"

Moriyama scoffs as he takes a long gulp of his drink, "pipe down, will you? The whole bar's looking at us."

"B-but-"

"Yes, yes, he's still hung up on her but he doesn't want to acknowledge it yadda yadda yadda. It's plain as day." Kobori waves off Hayakawa. "It's not our place."

"Besides," Moriyama adds in, "he's happy, or at least, he thinks he is. Who knows."

"Just leave it, alright Hayakawa?"

"They're both just lying to themselves aren't they?" Hayakawa says quietly.

That statement dampens the air around them just the slightest. A tense silence envelops the three men. It's Moriyama who breaks the ice with a long swig of his drink.

"Let them be," Moriyama says, a sly smile tugging at his lips, "things have a way of working out in the end. You'll see."

"What's meant to be will always find a way," Kobori adds thoughtfully.

"Damn, you binge watched Grey's Anatomy last night didn't you?" Moriyama snidely remarks.

"Fuck off man."