Married to the Mafia. Capitulo Tres (Mexico?)

• Dedicated to Everyone who is interested in this story

Alejandro and I spent the day after he arrived just hanging out. I didn't have to be in the club till' nine-thirty tonight so I had most of the day free to do what I want. We decided to go visit our Ma' after grabbing some lunch.

When we get to mom's place we found her in the backyard with my grandparents, two of my aunts and an uncle.

 Mom never re-married after leaving my dad. When we left Mexico we came over to live with my grandparents in the US, but I think the reason my mom hasn't moved on is because she still hopes my dad will change his mind and choose us over his work.  I can't help but feel a little hope myself, even though I know that might never happen.

We walked in side by side..

"Madre! Ya llego tu hijo favorito" Alex yelled across the yard catching their attention. (Mom! Your favorite son has arrived.)

Mom gasped out loud.

"Alejandro!" she cried pulling him into a big hug. "Hijo, que gusto verte!" (What a pleasure to see you, son) she kissed both of his cheeks and embraced him tightly once again.

"I've missed you so much Ma' " he smiled down at her.

There were tears inher eyes, she stared up at my brother lovingly with a big smile on her face.

A mother never stops loving her children. No matter what they do.

"Gracias a Dios que estas bien" (Thank God you're okay) she wiped her tears. "Where's your brother? Did he come too" she looked around hopelessly, even though she already knew the answer.

"No" he shook his head. "Martin had to stay and help dad."

My mom smiled sadly. I could tell it still hurt her but she continued on and reached over to give me a hug.

"How are you baby?" she asked pulling away to look at me.

"I'm good Ma'. Just been really busy with work. Sorry for not coming to visit sooner."

"It's okay mija, I understand."

Alex and I walked over to greet the rest of our family, my grandparents and aunts hug Alex just as excitedly as my mom did but my uncle just greets him stiffly with a nod. Uncle Paco doesn't like the business my dad and brothers are involved in any better than we do, he's always disliked my father and older brothers

"How's your father and Martin?" Grandpa Rosendo asked.

"They're good. Just a little busy with work"

"We've been listening to the news" mom glanced at Alex worriedly. "I've been worried sick about you and Martin."

Alex kissed my mother's hand . "There's nothing to worry about Ma', we have everything under control."

Shaking her head in frustration my mother just mumbled a quick "Fine" and changed the subject. Not wanting to ask anything else.

"What about you Gabby? How are you and the girls doing?" she turned to me.

"Good, we're doing just fine. They've been wanting to go on a vacation for Spring Break and they want me to come along."

"Really? And where are you planning on going?"

"You should come visit us in Tamaulipas!" Alex said excitedly.

"And have to see dad? No thanks." I shook my head.

I saw my mother's smile drop, even though she was the one who left dad she never wanted me to also distant myself away from him.

Every summer when I was younger she always tried to get me to go visit my dad but I always refused. We've had millions of talks regarding my relationship with my father but I always refuse to forgive him.