Married to the Mafia. Capitulo Diesiseis (Home Alone)

Follow me on twitter<3 @wendy112294

"You were gone for quite a long time"

"Didn't you hear what I said?" I turned to my red-headed friend. "I fell asleep in the garden and lost track of time..."

"Was Santi with you?"

"Why would he be with me?"

She grinned at me devilishly. "I couldn't help noticing how swollen both of your lips were and I saw how you two avoided eye contact the whole time we were eating."

Just my luck that the moment I decide to have a relationship, or rather "no strings attached" relationship with Santiago, Vanessa notices the small little things she usually doesn't look at.

"There's nothing going on, end of story."

The door to the bathroom in my room opened and my mother came out wearing a white robe and a towel wrapped around her head. She looked at us and then at the sleeping Sofi in my bed.

"Why didn't you girls cover her up with a blanket?" mom walked over to the closet to grab a warm blanket and then slipped it over Sofi's body.

"We don't do those kinds of things, Vicky" Nessa joked. "That's a mother's job."

" Haha very funny. What are you two doing here, anyway? I don't want you to wake Sofi up."

Vanessa smiled and nodded towards me. "I'm trying to make your daughter tell me what she was doing with Santiago."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't listen to her Ma', she's crazy."

My mother raised an eyebrow at me. "You two did look kind of suspicious down there..."

"Ugh, not you too!"

"I told you!"

"He's a very handsome young man, Gabby" Mom spoke as she walked over to her suitcase and pulled out a few of her clothes. "But you have to remember that he's the leader of a Cartel."

"Are you saying that I shouldn't get involved with him?"

"I'm saying that you should really  think about it if you decide to get involved with him" She said giving me a knowing look before turning around and going into my walk- in closet. "I know what it's like having to deal with a Mafia boss...I was married to one."

I didn't have a response to that. My mother knows what she's talking about when it comes to this, and now that I'm kind of in the same situation she was in. I can actually relate to what it was like for her whenever she was married to my dad.

"The wise words of momma Vicky"

"Shhh" I whisper yelled at my friend. "You're going to wake up your sister."

Mom walked out of the closet dressed up in blue jeans and a very nice brown leather jacket. Vanessa let out a quiet wolf-whistle and mom laughed and shook her head, "You're always loud Vanessa."

"Why are you getting so dressed up?" I asked her as she struggled to put her brown boots on.

"I'm going out with your father."

I flicked my eyes to Nessa who wiggled her eyebrows at me. "On a date?" I asked her in a suggestive tone.

She frowned at me and looked at me strangely. "No, we're just going to visit some old friends."

"Mafia friends?"

"Si. Ay mucha gente que me quiere ver ahora que saben que estoy con tu padre. (Yes. There are lots of people who want to see me now that they know I'm with your father)