Married to the Mafia. Capitulo Veinticuatro (His Dark Side)

"Chamuco I need you to fly out to Laredo yourself, I want you to check out the security tapes in the warehouse. I'm going to ask Joel to leave with you...this is something I want him to look at personally. You can take one of my jets." Santiago said to my friend the morning after the party.

We were back at the mansion with the rest of our friends and family.

He chose to have breakfast outside with me out in the garden while the others were either sleeping in or having breakfast inside. Santiago still hadn't told anyone about what happened in Laredo, he said he wanted to find out it was Hector who had stolen the drugs before informing the others.

"Why can't we just drive over there?" Chamuco asked.

Santi shook his head. "I know my brother and he won't want to drive all the way over there. Plus, I want to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible."

"I'll get right on it, sir." He bowed before excusing himself and walking away from the garden table.

Once alone I turned to my boyfriend, "Are you sure you trust Joel to take care of something as delicate as this?"

"Despite all the differences I have with my brother I know I can trust him with anything when it comes to the business of the cartel." He put down his orange juice and continued eating his fruit.

After the romantic confession I got from Joel I definitely beg to differ. How could Santi trust his brother? The one who is trying to steal his girlfriend behind his back, would he still trust him if he knew the truth?

"I just...think that maybe you should send Chamuco to take care of this alone. Why bother Joel?"

Santi put down his fork and stared at me for a long time, his eyes studying my face carefully. "Why do I feel like there's a reason you don't want me to send Joel on that trip?"

And these are the cons of dating a mafia boss...they pick up on anything suspicious.

"Why do you want to keep him here?" his voice took on a harsher tone and even though he didn't want to show how much this bothered him the clenching of his jaw gave it away. "Do you care about him that much?"

Santi was jealous of his brother. Ugh, only he would get the wrong impression about my concern.I have to hell him the truth. It's now or never.

"You're going about this the wrong way, Santiago."

He placed his hand over mine. "Then please explain it to me."

"O-Okay" I sighed, taking a deep breath before looking my boyfriend in the eyes. "After you rescued me from the kidnapping.... Joel came into my room when I was alone. He confessed that he has feelings for me and he asked me to leave you and be with him."

Santi showed no emotion as he took in my words, he nodded. "What did you say to him?"

"I told him that I could never do that to you,and that I care too much about you and there was no way I could return his feelings."

"I knew he was interested in you when we first met you. But I didn't think he would do anything about it once he found out we were together."

Tell him the other thing. Ask him about the secret Joel claims Santiago has not confessed.

"He also mentioned something about history repeating itself? he said you're not the good guy you always pretend to be...What was he talking about?"

Santiago was furious. He dropped his fist down loudly against the table. "I can't believe he would bring this up after all these years. I've told him she lied to me too but he won't believe me."