Married to the Mafia. Capitulo Treinta (Unexpected)

***THIS CHAPTER BEGINS WITH THE MORNING AFTER. TO READ THE CHAPTER OF SANTI & GABBY'S NIGHT TOGETHER YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO MY RESTRICTED CHAPTERS. YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW MY PROFILE TO READ THAT SPECIAL CHAPTER ;)****

The next morning we were up bright and early, we had to get back on the road to Tamaulipas so as soon as we were ready to go, we went down to have breakfast with our friends.

We walked in hand in hand to see all of our friends already eating, we were the only ones missing even Joel was eating with them.

"Goodmorning everyone" Santi smiled at our friends. He took a seat at the head of the table and I sat to his left side while Joel sat to his right, directly in front of me. I smiled at Joel and he gave me a small nod and grin.

"Someone had a good night..." Nessa wiggled her eyebrows at my boyfriend.

"Ness" I shook my head at her and she laughed.

"What? It's not every day we see him in a good mood" Nessa said. "Whatever you did last night, Gabby. You better keep doing it."

I put a hand over my face in embarrassment, Santiago laughed out loud and reached out to kiss my hand.

"The vehicles are ready to go so as soon as we're done eating we can leave." Leo said to Santi.

"Good. Our parents already know what happened so they will be arriving in Tamaulipas a few hours after us"

I had talked to my mother before coming down to breakfast and she told me the party had gone well. All the people that hd attended were originals of the cartels so most of them were already retired and their sons had taken over...so it had been a friendly reunion. The main gossip of the party had been the new rising cartel Los Zetas, my family's enemy cartel. Everyone agreed that Los Zetas needed to be taken down so they all supported El Cartel de Golfo and El Cartel de Sinaloa, especially since they knew Santiago was the head of the cartel. He'd made a good reputation for himself so everyone respected his decisions. Even though my older brother Martin was older than Santi, he had just taken over my dad's place. Santiago had been the head of his cartel for a while now and he had a very powerful cartel behind him.

Los Zetas were only gaining more and more enemies. They had recently come into the mafia world and they were the rebels who decided to do their own thing and break some of the most important rules of the mafia. They didn't care about family or the innocents they killed as long as they got what they wanted. And at the moment they wanted my family's territory. A territory my father had owned for many years.

We finished eating. While Leo turned in our keys in the lobby, we arranged ourselves in the trucks. I stood by Santi while everyone went in, right before Joel was about to go in Santi called out his name.

"Joel"

His brother turned to look at us and raised an eyebrow at Santi. "What's up?"

Santi cleared his throat and struggled to say what he wanted to say to his brother. "I-I..um...I wanted to thank you. For helping out Gabby in the elevator."

Joel looked shocked and he did a small shrug. "It's no problem. You know why I did it.."

He still has feelings for me.

Santiago nodded." I know, but I still wanted to thank you and apologize for the way I acted." he put his hand for his brother to shake and it took a moment before Joel reached out but he finally did.

"You don't have to apologize to me, brother." he stared at Santi eye to eye. "You better treat her right. Because if you do anything to mess things up between you two...I'll always be here to take my chance at winning her heart."