Married to the Mafia. Capitulo Veintinueve (Cuanto Te Amo)

How am I supposed to seduce Santi? I am the worst at trying to be sexy, and he's probably had loads of experiences with other women. He's a God damn leader of a cartel!

Why don't I wait for him to make the first move?

Who knows how long that will take!

Ugh. Maybe all the near death experiences in the last few months are finally messing up my head.

I was on the way back to my room when I spotted Joel standing outside the elevator, the same elevator I would be using to get up to my suite with Santi.

"Are the others back?" I asked while standing awkwardly next to him waiting for the elevator.

"We got back a few minutes ago. The guys are with your friends." He rolled his eyes. "I didn't feel like being third wheel so I ditched them."

The doors to the elevator opened up and he motioned with his hand for me to go in ahead of him. He stepped in after me and I tried to keep as much distance from him as possible once the doors closed behind us.

Joel has a bad habit of doing things without thinking.

There was a small smirk on his face when he turned to look at me. "I don't bite Gabby, you look like you're standing in front of the devil himself..."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Can you blame me? You're not exactly my favorite person in the world, Joel."

The doors closed with no other passengers in the elevator. I was stuck with him.

"What floor are you in?"

"Sixth" I muttered.

He pressed the button for me and I didn't attempt to make any conversation.

From the very first day I met him I didn't like him. He is the complete opposite of Santiago. Joel is arrogant, cocky and thinks the world revolves around him while Santi is very quiet and reserved, he calculates his every move before doing anything. Joel likes to be loud and show off...he doesn't think about the consequences of his actions.

"How come Santi didn't come along with us this morning?"

"He didn't get any sleep because he was on the phone all night, I convinced him to get some rest. He's probably still sleeping in our room."

"Such a perfectionist" Joel shook his head ruefully. "Ever since we were little he always fought to be in charge."

"I think that's how all older sibling are." I laughed remembering how Martin was very bossy when we were younger. It annoyed the hell out of me and Alex, we always talked shit behind his back.

This was the first time we've had a conversation without me wanting to chop his head off.

The elevator came to a sudden stop and we both looked up to see on the tiny screen that we had reached the sixth floor but the doors wouldn't open.

"What's going on?"

Joel clicked the button again. "The doors won't open."

"Are you serious?" I stepped forward and banged my fist against the door. "Hello! Is anybody out there? THE DOORS WON'T OPEN UP!"

I turned around to look at him frantically. "You have your phone with you?"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell but the screen was black. "It's dead. It won't turn on..."

There's no way out.

My breathing became heavier and the walls around me looked like they were closing in on me. I wiped my sweaty hands on my shirt and banged on the door again, this time with urgency.