열아홉

beep beep beep

The first thing you notice after stirring up from your sleep is the light beeping noise of something beside you.

It seems as if your eyes are stuck close as you try to open them and after you finally manage to do so, a burning white light immediately makes you close them again.

Letting out a puff of air from your nose, you slowly open your eyes once again.

The first thing that you notice is the white ceiling that's right above you and after staring at the unfamiliar white for a while, you move your gaze.

Hospital?

It seems to be a hospital room. The whole room is wrapped in a sickening white and the smell of disinfectant harshly stabs your nose. Looks like someone tried to mask the smell with the mild scent of lavenders but failed miserably anyway.

What am I doing here?

There seems to be a huge blank page fluttering inside you and you feel confused, wondering why you're in a sick looking hospital room.

Did I have a dream?

The question suddenly reminds you of the walk you took in the place from your dream and how so many things happened within the span of a few seconds.

Now that you think about it, there's a strange heaviness in your body even though you're laying down. What's that? Why does your head and chest hurt? The pain seems to be increasing by every passing minute ever since you woke up.

An accident? Did you have an accident? There was someone who saved you right? Else you'd probably be trampled on by that car. But who saved you?

Amongst the messy questions and thoughts roaming your mind, there is one thing that makes you stop.

I saw blond hair–

Your thoughts get cut off as you hear the sound of a door opening and you look at your left to see your brother entering the room.

Heh he looks old.

There's a nurse following him and they both seems to be engaged in a discussion because of which they fail to notice your stare right away.

After entering and closing the door, the nurse goes to your opposite and rummages through the cupboards while Yoongi makes his way to you. And when he finally notices your unwavering gaze on him, his face becomes pale as a sheet.

You smirk looking at your brother's face and he trips looking at you, falling on the floor with a stupid look on his face.

"Y-y/n.."

The nurse looks at you two hearing Yoongi and as soon as she sees you staring down at your gobsmacked brother, she makes a run for the door.

"I'll bring doctor Shin right away!"

"Get-" cough "get up you idiot. I'm no ghost."

Your face scrunches up hearing the hideous state of your voice and Yoongi immediately does what you told him to do. Shaking a little, he hovers his hand right above your cheek and you move, leaning your face on his hand.

"You want water?"

"...yeah."

You notice the burn of your throat and nod, looking at Yoongi nodding and hurriedly pouring water on a glass from the glass jug that's kept on the table beside your bed. He then opens a drawer and takes out a brand new transparent straw, pulling it out of its pack and putting it in the glass.