열둘

You fumble with the bags full of snacks to open the main door of your house and let out a shaky sigh after opening it.

You immediately drop the bags on the floor and get rid of your shoes messily, not bothering to place them in their right place like you always do.

"I-I'm back..." You mutter and start walking towards the staircase with messy steps and your brother peeks his head from his room.

"Oh your bought snacks— Y/n you alright?" You notice how your brother's voice changes from happy to worried but don't reply.

"Y/n?" His worried voice again makes its way up to your ringing ears and you squeeze your eyes shut, the horrible pain in your chest reappearing once again.

"I'm fine Yoongi. Just a bit tired from the walk so I'm gonna.." You gasp as you run out of breath and hear your brother's footsteps coming towards you.

"I'm gonna wash up and sleep haha." You complete your sentence after taking a deep breath and turn to him, faking an adorable smile at your brother. He just stares at you for a moment before sighing.

"Okay. Go sleep I'll pick up the snacks." Yoongi gives you a beautiful gummy smile and walks to the door, crouching down to get the snacks. Guilt rushes inside you for lying to your brother and you start going up after giving your brother's crouched figure a last glance.

•••

Your hands shake violently as you open the drawer of your bedside table that has the yellow umbrella inside it and you gulp after seeing the umbrella.

Your throat feels drier than ever but you don't feel the urge to drink water. You just stare at the folded umbrella without blinking.

The girl from before comes to your mind and your eyes start watering without you even knowing. A harsh pang of pain stabs at your heart and you can't help but scrunch up your face.

Your hand rests on your chest to sooth the pain but it does nothing except increasing the pain and you let out a low cry.

What was it actually that you saw before?

Your brother is home since afternoon so who was that boy who came running at the park? And who was that girl who looked completely like you?

Thousands of questions roam around in your mind and make you gasp for air. But the one question that makes your heart stop is,

Was it a small fragment of the future?

This one question scares you so severely that you drop on your knees. If it was actually a fragment of future, then was it you from future warning your own self?

Warning that you'll lose him if you don't stay with him?

The thought of him hits you like a truck and his smiling face dances in front of your eyes.

It's been so many days since you're spending time with him that now the mere thought of not getting to see him anymore leaves you breathless.

You're so attached to him that there's no way you'll be able to stay without him.

Even though you don't know if the incident from before actually happened or was just a nasty game of your mind, you can't afford to lose him.