일곱

Strings of curses leave your mouth as you realize that there's no bus at this time of the day for you to reach Seokjin's café and, you start running.

Beads of sweats start forming on your face and neck as you run with all your might and you curse again, remembering how you dashed out of the class despite hearing the loud calls of your lecturer.

"I'm so fucked oh gosh." Your teeth clatter and you start panting.

It's only the start of a new semester and you've already skipped a 'no skip' lecture, the thought buzzes inside your head and you mentally slap yourself for being so forgetful.

Please don't open it Jin, please please please.

As you run without a break, a car passes by you and stops after a while. Not sparing the car any look, you continue with your marathon.

Soon a man, more like a boy around your age rolls down the glass of the window and hollers, making you stop. He starts to drive slowly and stops after reaching you.

"You need a lift? You look pretty much beat." The boy asks and you pant heavily, finding it hard to talk.

Wasting no time you nod your head vigorously and finally tell where you want to go after taking a deep, stable breath.

I don't care if he's a stranger, I just need to stop Jin before he opens the umbrella and meets him!

"You're lucky I'm gonna go past that place so I can drop you off. Hop in!" He smiles and opens the door to the passenger seat for you and you immediately get inside.

•••

"JIN!"

Your loud holler makes the man you called flinch and he turns immediately, face showing confusion.

Thanking the boy who's dropped you off to Seokjin's café, you run while hanging your bag on your shoulder.

Seokjin, who was peacefully walking towards his café while humming a song, now is looking at you weirdly as you make your way to him.

"Eh Y/n? Whacha doin' here at this time?" He asks as you finally reach him and bend to rest your hands on your knees, panting heavily.

After your loud pants die down a little, you slowly look up to find Seokjin standing in front of you with a calm look on his face, being extremely patient for you to calm down and speak.

"Uh hi?" You smile awkwardly and he facepalms.

Shaking his head, he grabs the back of your shirt and drags you inside the café while you let him drag you without any protest.

•••

"So..why ya here at this time hm?" Seokjin sits on the chair opposite to you with a mug containing his favorite drink and you stare at the mug full of hot chocolate with marshmallows in front of you, your mind wondering why Seokjin is so calm even though you're sure that he already opened the umbrella.

Is he planning my murder? Is he so calm because a storm is coming?! Am I gonna die solo—

"Hey why don't you answer?" You flinch and look up at the handsome impatient human in front of you.

"Uh well our lecture got cancelled at the last moment so I came hehe." Nervous laughter bubbles inside you and Seokjin hums.

"By the way.." You start again and he looks at you, waiting for you to complete your sentence. "Did you use my umbrella like you said in the text?"

"Oh yes—"

"Did you smell anything weird?"

"Eh what—"

"Like the smell of citrus? Did you feel dizzy? Saw something unusual? A big place with stars and you know you know as if something like the outer space and the blonde—"

"Yah! Yah!" You stop as Seokjin shakes you by holding your shoulder and finally realize that you almost snitched on yourself just now.

"What are you blabbering about huh?" You just shake your head and take a sip of the delicious hot chocolate that was waiting for you to get tasted all this time, your eyes roaming in different spots of the café.

"Nothing nothing. Don't worry hehe I read a new manga so that's why.."

You laugh nervously while playing with the hem of your shirt, hoping that he won't catch on your lie.

"You and your manga shits seriously." Seokjin mutters and takes a sip of his own latte. You sigh in relief.

"And of course I used the umbrella and your bro did too didn't you read the text properly? Geez..." You chuckle as Seokjin grumbles and get lost in thoughts.

Thoughts of a certain blonde head whom you meet every single time after opening the mysterious yellow colored umbrella.

They didn't see him.. And I'm dumb.

But soon your train of thoughts break as Seokjin starts talking about introducing some new drinks to the customers and you try to concentrate on what he's saying.

But you fail to do so of course.

•••

"Ya sure I don't need to come?" Seokjin asks for the nth time while packing a few snacks for you to take, his inner protective brother coming out.

You shake your head.

"Nah Jin. It's just a walk of ten minutes. And no need to call that turtle cuz then he'll definitely make you come with me." You grumble and take the bag that Seokjin gives you chuckling.

"Okhay okhay go on then."

Just as you're about to nod your head, the bell above the café's door dings, indicating that a new customer is here. Seokjin proceeds to monitor his new employee's work after giving you a hug and bidding you goodbye.

And you head out for home, this time not forgetting to take the yellow umbrella with you.

•••

As you stare at the umbrella resting on your table for the past twenty minutes, your hands finally move to grab it.

Drops of water from your hair fall on your shoulder wetting your tee and you close your eyes for a second.

Reopening your eyes, you open the umbrella to let yourself get lost into the strong smell of citrus and the beauty of an ethereal being.

And when you open your eyes, your soul and ears get blessed by such a soft, melodious voice that you almost decide to not return home.

Because you've found someone who is much more than just a friend and a place that is a lot more than home.

But this fact is just for you to know.

AFJJB