열넷

The morning sunlight shines on you face through the window of your room and you yawn, the chirps of different birds filling up your ears lightly.

You open your eyes and sit up, your drowsiness slowly seeps away at the sight of the bright blue sky that you can see from your open window and you get up from the comfort of your warm bed.

A giddy feeling immediately settles inside you and you smile brightly. The incidents of last night roams freely in your mind and your smile gets bigger than before.

Washing up, you hum the tunes of a song that you're really attached to and go downstairs to greet your brother 'good morning' as you're pretty much sure that your yesterday's behavior made your brother worry for you even though he'll never accept it.

•••

"Morning Yoongs ~" You give your brother a big bear hug after pecking his cheeks and help him serve breakfast.

Yoongi stares at your happy self for a while and a smile makes its way up to his own lips.

"Slept well last night hm?" He asks and you give him your best smile, nodding like a happy little puppy.

"Yes! I slept the best last night!" You chirp and take the plates full of food to the table, humming happily as you do so.

Your brother looks at you with a soft smile and turns around to continue his work, feeling content that his little sister is happy.

•••

You drop your bag on the tiled floor of your living room and plop down on the big couch, tired from all the classes you attended the whole day.

"I'm home..." You speak soullessly to let your brother know about your existence and close your eyes to rest for a while.

Soon you hear Yoongi telling you to wash up and join him for dinner and you get up to do what he said.

"Ah I'm so hungry that I can eat a whole elephant." You drag your body to go to your room along with your bag and hear your brother chuckling at your choice of words.

You arrange the stuffs from your bag before going to shower and put the yellow umbrella back inside your bedside table's drawer lovingly. A soft smile decorates your face and you decide to meet him after dinner, already feeling giddy just by the thought of him.

•••

You run to your room as soon as you finish helping Yoongi wash the dishes after dinner and jump on your fluffy bed after turning the lights on.

You go to the left side of your bed where the table with the yellow umbrella inside is and squeal with excitement.

Your fingers unconsciously trace your lips and you slap your cheeks lightly after realizing what you're thinking about just now.

You feel butterflies inside your tummy and open the drawer to take out the cute, small umbrella.

But, all your smile and happiness disappear as soon as you look inside the drawer.

Empty.

Your heartbeat raises and an uneasy feeling settles inside you.