Chapter Two: Our Very First Night

4 years ago
Mari's POV

"Yes ... Of course, YES! It's a dream come true to be your girlfriend, Mari Helena Gerona!" Annie beamed with happiness as she accepts my proposal.

"Can I kiss you, daba ko?" I asked her.

"Daba? What does that mean, Pangga?" She replied while pouting.

"Awww, it means "my love" in Bicol but I think 'pangga' sounds much better!" I told her while pinching her cute face.

"Yes! I just love this endearment because not only is it sweet to hear but it is my reminder to you that you will always be the one that I love. My one and only Pangga. Mahal na Mahal kita!" She said while pulling me close to her face.

"Now, for my answer. Yes, you may kiss me. I'm willing to give you all the kisses you want, Pangga ko." She giggled while I slowly leaned closer and kissed her passionately.

"Oh, Annie Therese. Your sweet lips make my knees weak. I don't know if I can control myself from kissing you all the damn time. I'm so in love with you." I said in between our passionate kiss as we both gasp for air.

"I love you, Pangga. I'm so glad that you are mine and I am yours." She said while she looks deep into my eyes and caressing my face lovingly.

We were like that for hours. Just kissing and cuddling in her couch, not ever wanting to let each other go. But since it's almost night time and we still have work tomorrow, I decided that it was time for me to drive back home.

"Love, I really have to go. It will take at least 2 hours for me to drive back to my condo and we still have work tomorrow." I told her while trying to break free from her tight hugs, not that I'm complaining because if it's up to me, I'm willing to stay in Annie's arms forever but I really have to go home.

"5 more minutes, Pangga. PLEASEEEEEE?" She said while giving me her cute puppy dog eyes. Oh my god, who could even dare to say no to this beautiful person in front of me?

"Hay nako, Annie! Dinadaan mo naman ako sa pa cute mo. Alam na alam mo talaga kung paano ako kunin." I rolled my eyes and then smiled.

"Che! Ikaw nga tong in love na in love sakin eh. Aminin mo, aminin mo, aminin mo!" She said while pulling my arms trying to imitate a TikTok video.

I just laughed and pinched her cheeks. "Promise, I'll pick you up after work tomorrow and we'll have dinner." I bargained.

"Promise?" She asked.

"Yes, I promise." I told her while holding her soft hands and kissing it.

"Okay, madali naman akong kausap. Mag ingat ka sa pag drive. Tandaan mo may girlfriend ka na. Also, don't forget to update me once you're home." She said while raising an eyebrow, acting like a strict professor. Jusko, Lord! Sarap ibulsa tong girlfriend ko, pwede ba? Huhu

"Yes Naman! Mag-iingat talaga ako kasi meron pa akong MAGANDANG girlfriend na edi-date bukas. And yes love, I'll chat you as soon as I arrive home." I said while doing a salute pose which made Annie blush and laugh while hitting my arms lightly.

We bid each other goodbye and I went down to the parking lot of her condo unit. I started driving and like what I expected, the traffic was already heavy since it's now rush hour. But I remained calm and happy because I remembered Annie, I decided to turn on the radio and to my surprise, the song "Lover" was playing.

"We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January
And this is our place, we make the rules
And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear
Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?
Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home
You're my, my, my, my
Lover..."