Chapter Twenty-One: I Miss Us

March 29, 2022
Paulina's POV

I was awaken by my pregnancy cravings at 2:00 AM again. So, I decided to go by myself sa kitchen kasi kawawa naman kung gisingin ko pa si Pam, napakahimbing pa naman ng tulog niya.

Hay nako, being pregnant is so damn hard. Palagi akong naiihi, craving for weird food combinations na sarap na sarap naman ako, being extra clingy kay Pam, at marami pang iba.

"Baby ko, sana naman huwag mong masyadong pahirapan si Mommy at Mama, okay? We love you very much, anak and we can't wait to meet you na. It may be a few more months before we could finally hold you pero you have already captured our heart, the moment we knew that you are growing inside me na." I was talking to my tummy when suddenly my phone vibrated. Good thing it was on mute kasi kung hindi for sure nagising na si Pam.

Who's calling me at 2:00 AM in the morning? My gaaad! I reached for my phone and saw that it was Sweetheart calling me. Baka emergency, sige na nga, gising pa naman ako and I was craving pizza and mayonnaise.

"Hello, Sweetheart! Napatawag ka?" I answered enthusiastically as I swayed through our refrigerator to get some frozen pizza and mayonnaise.

"Yaaay! Thank God that you're still awake, Sweetheart ko! Mangangamusta lang sana ako. How are you and Pam? How's my little munchkin?" She said in an excited tone. Lakas naman ng energy neto. Parang hindi lang 2:00 AM tumawag ah. *Hmmmmm, I may be pregnant, but I know the drill na.*

"Sweetheart, huwag kana magpaligoy-ligoy pa. We both know you didn't call me at this hour para mangamusta lang. Just tell me what's bothering you already. Wait, facetime nalang tayo, diba I taught you how to use it already? Timing ka rin para may kasama ako habang kumakain ng midnight cravings ko." I replied while moving around the kitchen, I placed the pizza inside the microwave na and I decided I wanted to drink some iced tea, so I went to our pantry to get some.

"Hay, you really know me too well, Maria Paulina. Hindi talaga ako makakalusot sa'yo. Sige, let's switch to Facetime. End ko na muna and I'll call you pag na set up ko na yung airpods ko." She replied, I could sense that she was rolling her eyes. Hahahaha! *Hay Ate! Of course, I know you!*

I just said bye and focused on preparing my food. A few minutes after, my phone rang again, and when I accepted it, I saw that Ate was not in their bedroom. Nasa guest bathroom siya and that's located sa baba pa ng bedroom nila ni Ate Lens. I frowned at her, assuming na inaway niya naman si Ate Lens.

"Ano nanaman ang ginawa mong kalokohan na kailangan mo pa mag tago sa guest bathroom para lang kausapin ako? Inaway mo naman no? Hay nako, Sweetheart, you're getting married in a week. Pwede ba iwasan m---" Sinimulan ko na ang pagsermon sa kanya ng bigla nalang siya umiyak. I stopped talking and eating and just looked at her, waiting for her to tell me what happened.

"Eh, yun na nga. Wala naman talagang problema. It's just that sobrang busy na kasi namin sa wedding planning kasi nga one week nalang, wedding na namin. I-I miss spending time with her na walang humahadlang na mga wedding supplier and kung ano-ano. Yung kaming dalawa lang. I miss us." She started to explain and wala na, hindi ko na napigilan at tinawanan ko nalang siya.

She stopped crying and just looked at me with her tiger look. *Oops, lagot!* 

"Hehe, sorry. Akala ko kasi kung ano na ang mga nangyayari, na miss mo lang pala mag bebe-time kasama si Ate Lens. Hay, Sweetheart ikaw na talaga. Anyway, I've experienced that with Pam man before kami kinasal. There were days na I felt like I was alone kahit magkasama naman kami kasi nga yung attention niya wala sakin kundi nasa wedding planning. But after, I opened up to her and talked about it, we were able to get passed it. You just have to communicate with Ate Lens and tell her na gusto mo ng alone time muna with her, if that makes sense. Huwag kanang umiyak, ampangit mo pa naman umiyak." I said to her as I tried to throw in some more jokes to lighten the heaviness that she feels but she didn't even smiled.