Chapter Twenty-Four: Yours, Mine, & Ours

April 5, 2023
Annie's POV

"GOOD MORNING, WIFE! HAPPY 1ST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO US!" I shouted at the top of my voice as I opened the curtains to welcome the sunlight in. Mari was still sleeping so I figured that it would be nice to wake her up by greeting her with all the energy that I could gather. After all, I had so much planned for today and she has to wake up already so that we could get started.

"Awwww! Good morning, Love! Gosh! How lucky I am to wake up to that beautiful voice and face of yours every day! Happy Anniversary, Asawa ko! Where's my kiss? She replied as she stretched her eyes and arms, looking at me with her wide smile. *UGHHH! THOSE DIMPLES TALAGA! AMPOGI NG ASAWA KO!* I thought as I moved towards her to give her a kiss. As I felt her hands roaming around my nightdress, I immediately knew na meron siyang ibang balak.

"Hephep! The day is just starting, Pangga! Later na yang iniisip mo. At tsaka, nagugutom na kami, let's have breakfast na." I said as I remove her hands around me.

"Daya mo naman, kala ko ikaw na yung breakfast ko. Sige na, Mahal. Kasalanan mo naman kasi sobrang sexy mo sa nightdress na yan and besides it's our anniversary naman." She said, pouting. I just laughed as she obviously didn't hear what I said so I just stuck my tongue out at her.

"Later, Love! Just get up already! I have a whole day planned out for us kaya halika na!" I replied as she acted like nagtatampo siya. "Sige ka! If hindi ka pa tumayo diyan, walang sexy time na mangyayari ngayong araw." And just as I expected, she bolted away from our bed at tumakbo papunta sa kitchen. *Hay nako, Mari... 1 year being each other's wives, hindi ka pa rin nagbabago. Kaya mahal na mahal kita eh!*

I started preparing our food while Mari is the one making our coffee. This was something that we always do, it became our daily routine but it still makes me feel butterflies in my stomach because I can't believe that this woman right in front of me made the decision a year ago to ask me to marry her. Our first year was not a walk in the park dahil kahit we've been together for 4 years (2 years apart from each other) we still have a lot of things that we have not yet uncovered about each other like how Mari loves to cook different Bicol delicacies na hindi ko gusto ang amoy or like how I love Durian and ended up stuffing our ref with lots of it na nagrereklamo na si Mari dahil pati young tubig namin lasang Durian na raw. And so much more things that we disagree about. 

But despite our differences, we were able to adjust and compromise. Now, I can't believe that we are already celebrating our first wedding anniversary. Biruin niyo. na tolerate ni Mari yung attitude ko for a year already! HAHAHAHAHAHA! She definitely deserves an award for that, if you ask me.

"Mahal, baka matunaw na ako sa mga titig mo na yan. Hahahaha! What are you thinking about, Love? Care to share? Masyadong malalim na yan ah." She said while waving her hands in front of my face. I just laughed and kissed her nose.

"Wala lang, I just can't believe that it's been a year since we got married. I swear it felt like only yesterday." I replied as I continued mixing the french toast batter.

"Awwwww! I love you, Mahal ko!" She said while wrapping her hands around my waist and kissing my cheek.

We stayed like that for a while, and I can say that I was comfortable cooking with her hands wrapped around me. I couldn't possibly ask for more, but I know that there is something missing and I think Mari and I are finally ready to embark on a new phase in our married life.
I smiled as I served her favorite food. Her eyes lit up the moment she saw the freshly cooked french toast. She kissed me as a thank you and went on to eat a few pieces all at once.

"Dahan-dahan lang, pangga. Wala namang aagaw niyan sa'yo eh. At least, wala pa as of now." I said while dropping some hints about my surprise for her again. But mukhang hindi niya naman narinig ito dahil focus na focus talaga siya sa pag kain ng french toast. Well, I guess, we can try again later.