Bonus Chapter: Something's Wrong With Mari

Kali's 2nd Birthday

Paulina's POV

"MAKE A WISH, KALI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Our voices echoed all throughout the venue, greeting our sweet girl as she blows her candle. APAKACUTE!

"Sweetheart? Nakita mo ba si Mari? Parang bigla-bigla nalang siya kasi nawawala. Asan na naman ba siya?" Sweetheart whispered to me as we clap our hands at the birthday girl.

"Ha? Ba't mo naman sa akin hinahanap ang asawa mo? Nako, Sweetheart... For sure may inaasikaso lang na surprise para kay Kali yun. Hindi kapa nasanay, eh alam mo naman na napaka spoiler ni Ate Lens when it comes to you and Kali." I replied in hush tones too. But to be honest, kanina ko pa rin na notice na biglang nawawala si Ate Lens sa momentum. Asan na ba yun? Hanapin ko na nga.

I went upstairs with the hope na baka nag cr lang yung tao but I was shocked when I saw her on the floor, unconscious.

"ATE LENS! OMG!!! TULONGGGGG! SWEETHEARTTTTT!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and just a few seconds later, Sweetheart rushed beside me.

"OMG! Anong nangyari, Sweetheart?! Shiiit! Love, Pangga??? Gising please. Mari naman oh, birthday ng anak natin, ano ba nangyari sayo?" She said while starting to sob as she tries to wake her wife up. Pero unconscious talaga si Ate Lens.

"Sweetheart, diyan kalang, tatawag ako ng ambulance." I said to her as I reach out to my phone but then just as the line was ringing, Ate Lens moved her hands and started to regain her consciousness.

"Mahal? Ano ba ang nangyari sa'yo? Ba't ka nahimatay? Are you not feeling well? Ba't hindi ka nagsabi sakin? My god! You scared me, Mari! I was so worried." Sweetheart started rattling as she saw that Ate Lens finally woke up.

"Love, I'm sorry. Bigla lang kasi akong nahilo. I didn't know what happened. I ate a lot naman and I was feeling okay din kanina but naiihi kasi ako and my last memory was me getting out of the bathroom. Matagal ba akong nawalan ng malay?" Ate Lens started explaining what happened to her.

"Okay, okay... Kuhanan muna kita ng tubig. Sweetheart, please look after your Ate Lens muna, bababa lang ako saglit para kumuha ng tubig." Sweetheart said while looking more calm than earlier.

"Ate? How are you feeling right now? Gusto mo punta nalang ng ospital para makapa-check up tayo kung bakit ka nahimatay bigla?" I turned over my attention to Ate Lens and tried to comfort her while rubbing her back when she suddenly stood up and ran to the bathroom to vomit.

"SWEETHEART, DALIIII! ATE LENS IS VOMITING!" I shouted as I followed Ate Lens to the bathroom. *Ano ba ang nangyayari? Wait, naguguluhan na ako. May sakit ba si Ate na hindi niya sinasabi samin?*

"OMAYGAD MAHAL!" Sweetheart ran to our direction as she saw the love of her life, retching her all in the toilet bowl.

"Hehe... Love, I think I have to retire early from Kali's birthday party. Please tell our daughter na Mama is sorry for cutting her party short and ruining it. I'm really not feeling well. Pahinga nalang muna ako, Mahal." Ate Lens said while trying to take the situation lightly.

"You think? Sus! Ikaw talaga. Ano ba kasi yung kinain mo? Sige na, inumin mo na itong tubig then I'll just talk to our guests. Don't worry about Kali's birthday, you didn't ruin it. Mas importante sa amin ni Kali na magiging okay ka. Dito kalang muna, okay? I love you. I'll be back in a minute." Sweetheart said to Ate Lens as we assist her to their bed to lie down and rest.

Grabi talaga ka maalaga ang Sweetheart ko sa asawa niya and I've seen how Ate Lens is towards her too. They really do deserve each other.

We were walking out of the room when Sweetheart turned to me with teary eyes.