Pack Your Things and Run

I awoke to rapid l to me.

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be-"

_________________________

It was 8pm. I got off the plane, Schlatt at my side. I'm surprised they let him keep Jambo the entire flight.

I feel sick, and slightly awake. Schlatt said it's the jetlag taking effect.

We grabbed our stuff, and started looking for Ted and Charlie, who was on the flight with us.

Once we found them, we searched for that 'Wilbur' guy.

Schlatt decided to give me a description of him, but his idea of a Wilbur Description was "tall guy with brown hair".

I was looking around for awhile, until I realized something.

I'm lost. And was separated from the three people who actually knew what to do.

Panicking, I started walking a bit quicker, feeling my breath quicken.

"Shit shit shit shit-"

It didn't help I ran into someone in my panic.

I quickly pushed myself away. "Holy shit! I'm so sorry- I'm sorry I didn't mean too-"

"Hey- it's okay. No worries kid. You don't sound from here, you lost?"

I looked up at the man, holy fuck he was tall. "Uh- yeah. I'm from the States-" I mentioned. "I was with my brother- but I guess I wandered a bit too far-".

"Here, I'll help you look for him. I'm actually looking for some people as well, maybe we'll find who we're looking for together?"

I probably shouldn't be trusting a stranger in a whole new country, they take advantage of the vulnerability shown in people.

But, he doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would do that. So I'll just trust him.

"Sure. I didn't get your name"

"William, and you?"

"Cameron"

___

We walked around for a bit, before I spotted him. My brother.

I didn't hesitate to separate myself from William and run to him. I could hear the sudden confusion in the man's voice as I took off, but I knew he was following behind.

I quickly engulfed Schlatt in a hug, catching him off guard.

"Shit-! There you are, you fucking dumbass! Jesus- you worried me-" he gasped, hugging me back before gently pushing me off.

"Hey- you found Wilbur! Nice going!" Charlie walked over, gesturing a high-five, which I gave, slightly confused.

"I did?"

"Yeah! How could you not tell? He's just as I described him!" Schlatt turned, shaking hands with William.

"You told me a tall dude with brown hair. That's literally half the people here" I retorted. "And I didn't find him, I ran into him, and he offered to help me look for you".

"Schlatt, I didn't know you had a brother?" William laughed, the others ignored me as Schlatt ruffled my hair.

"Yeah, it's supposed to be a surprise for everyone. Couldn't leave him at home, he might kill someone."

I laughed. "Nah, but I could burn the place down-"

We all shared another laugh, before Will led us out of the airport.

___

Ted was carrying Jambo, as I stuck my finger through the airholes in the backpack, petting his fur.

The man chuckled. "You wanna carry him? He's heavy as fuck"

"Uh- yeah?! Give give give!" I smiled, as he took the backpack off carefully.

I gently slipped it over my shoulders, and smiled. "Heck yeah! I got a cat! I hope the hotel allows animals-"

"Uh-"

I looked to William, who was unlocking his car. He had payed for our hotel. "Actually- about that. I didnt think Jambo would be coming- since in Schlatt's recent stream there was a guy saying he was the cat sitter-"

I deadpanned, before sighing. "should have thought of a better excuse" I mumbled.

"That was you too?!"

"Yeah- I didn't know I was gonna be coming- and I needed to think of something quick to get the chat off of J's ass-"

He let out a laugh, I feel mocked.

"I'll see what I can do about the cat situation-" he calmed down, unlocking the other doors.

We got in the car in silence. Charlie was half asleep, he had been making jokes half the time we were trying to leave the airport. Ted was tired from carrying Jambo, and Schlatt was just trying to think about what to do with Jambo.

"Uh- if nothing works out, I could always keep him at my flat? They allow pets, as long as I let my landlord know before hand" Will spoke up. Schlatt sighed.

"That might be what we end up doing. I just don't know about leaving him on his own. It's not that I don't trust you'll look after him, I'm just worried" he spoke, he sounded exhausted.

"What if Cameron stays at my place too? So he can watch him? He seems more attached than you-" the brunette giggled, looking at me from the mirror.

I was playing with the cat of course, it was hard though since I couldn't take him out of the bag.

"I don't wanna inconvenience you-" I started.

"You won't! The hotel I got for you guys is just down the street from where I live in Brighton, and I have a spare bedroom! So there is no inconvenience, as long as you aren't super loud" he smiled, before looking to Schlatt, who shrugged.

"Uh- okay then. As long as J is okay with it"

"It's fine with me. As long as Jambo had someone he's used to seeing"

So that's it. I'm staying with William until we get an Air BNB.
God- I just hope this goes well.