𝟒: 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

As she made her way to the concession stand she couldn't help but to let out a soft sigh.

The night before had taken a toll on her. She spent the night at the Parker's residence but bright and early the next day she received a call from her mother. Asking her if she would like to join her at the scrimmage day they was hosting at Beverly High. Sophia asked if her father would be there but Alayna responded with the fact that her husband left the night before right after Sophia. He hadn't returned that whole night, and he wasn't there when she has woken up.

Her attention was quickly drawn over to the field where there was a small altercation happening. Of course it was between Jordan, Asher, and Spencer. Mainly happening between Jordan and the new transfer student.

Coach Baker quickly made his way over to them to break up any fight that could happen. Before having Spencer storming off into the locker room. With Coach Baker quickly following behind him.

"Spencer!" Coach Baker called out for the young transfer student that passed around the locker room in anger.

"Yo, man, I quit." Spencer responded bring his attention over at the Beverly Coach before starting to bring his things together. "I'm done here." He added.

"Why, because I need your help to win a season?" The Beverly Coach told him as he looked at Spencer pack his things up. "Look, winning is my job."

From a distance, Sophia was hearing everything that was happening. A sense of worry flashed through her when she saw Spencer storm off in rage.

"Then you should have said that from the start." Spencer quickly said shutting out his Coach. "All that 'Here to give a chance' talk, I didn't need it." The young transfer student added. "And I don't belong here."

With no hesitation Sophia quickly walked into the room that both men was having their conversation.

"Coach Baker!" She called out as her heels crashed against the locker room floor.

"Sophia what are you doing here?" The Beverly Coach asked the young that casually came into the men locker room.

"Look, let me talk to Spencer." She said walking past the Beverly Coach to make her way towards her friend. A friend that rolled his eyes slightly, annoyed at the fact that anybody would want to talk him out of quitting.

Taking a deep breath the Beverly Coach removed himself from the conversation and walked out. This time to get on his son.

"Look Spencer I'm not going to give you the 'He's giving you a chance' talk." The young girl said taking a seat on the bench located inside the locker room. Spencer also took a seat beside her as she brought her right leg over her left.

"But you have a talent that, if I'm being honest, nobody on the squad has. Not even my brother, who's been playing since I can remember." Sophia said looking at the young transfer student.

"I don't belong here, Sophi. Better yet, now I don't know where I belong." Spencer said taking his eyes off the young girl and over to the lockers in front of them. "I can't live up to Beverly, I can't even live up to the Baker's." He added making the young girl shake her head.

"Don't live up to anybody, live up to yourself." Sophia said keeping her eyes on Spencer. "This is your time to shine and make it far. Don't stand in your own way." The young girl said getting up and brushing her pants off. "Make this your season, show them what Spencer James is made of." The young girl said leaving the young transfer student in doubt.