𝟗: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲

As word was getting around that the former South Crenshaw student was celebrating his 17th birthday every one of his friends were in line to wish him a happy birthday. He was not even excited, everyone else was. Although Jordan and Olivia, mostly Jordan, were still on with their investigation.

The Baker Twins believed that Spencer James was their brother. They tried to tag team Billy with questions, but of course, he turned them away, which only made them more curious.

Sophia on the other hand was nowhere to be seen. Ever since their mother had broken to them the news, both Castro siblings were distant from their friends. More so Sophia than Joel. Sophia was the one taking this news harder. Then again who wouldn't, they were on the verge of losing it all.

"Have you seen Sophia?" Jordan asked Olivia as they changed their conversation.

"No, I've been trying to call her but it sends me straight to voicemail." Olivia said, shaking her head slowly.

"Yeah me too, she hasn't shown up at school for the past four days." Jordan added pulling on the strap of his book bag.

"Spencer said she left right after us from Asher's party. Her brother picked her up." Olivia added as Jordan looked over the young girl's shoulder.

"There's Joel, he might know

"There's Joel, he might know." Jordan said before walking in the direction of Joel. "I'll see you at home, Liv." Jordan told the young girl that just turned around to look at her brother walking away.

"Hey J." Jordan said as he approached the young Castro boy that was at his locker.

"Wassup Jordan." Joel said, dapping up his teammate.

"Hey, umm, is Sophia okay?" Jordan asked Joel, quickly jumping into that conversation.

"She's, uh, good, why wouldn't she be?" Joel said, sounding a bit nervous yet Jordan couldn't tell.

"She hasn't come to school and Sophia is not the one to miss school." Jordan told the Castro boy.

"She just needed some time off to clear her mind." Joel said getting the last thing he needed for his last class.

"Bro, the last time you told me that, the girl that I loved got sent away." Jordan said looking down before looking back up at the brother of who used to be his girlfriend.

"Look Jordan." Joel said, closing his locker, and fixing his bookbag. "It's best if you give Sophia the time she needs. Trust me if I knew my sister was in danger I wouldn't be here." Joel added before walking past the quarterback.