𝟏𝟖: 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞

As the sun made its way into the hospital room both Joel and Alayna sat on the nearby couch cuddled up as they were sleeping peacefully.

It has been two whole weeks after everything happened and the doctors said they should soon see a positive response with Sophia's treatment. Soon she would open her eyes, all they had to do was wait.

A soft knock was heard on the door causing Alayna to wake up.

"Good morning, I have some good news for you Alayna." Laura softly said as she made her way into the room. "I have the papers all ready to go, you just need to sign them." Laura said, handing her the small stack of papers that would free them from Benjamin.

Alayna didn't think twice before signing and officially taking a step towards divorcing the man that had put them through suffering. Yet she felt a sting in her heart knowing that the man that she fell in love with and hoped to grow old with turned into a total stranger that cheated on her and had another family.

"How is she?" Laura asked as she took a seat in a chair beside Sophia.

"My baby girl is strong. She's going to be okay. The doctor said she should wake up soon." Alayna said with a small smile as she looked over at her daughter. "I just can't help but feel guilty. If I would have stood up for them we wouldn't be here right now." Alayna said, getting a small look at a sleeping Joel beside her.

"Hey, don't feel guilty. The only person to blame here is Benjamin for lying and bringing pain to you all. Once this divorce goes through, y'all will be free of him." Laura said, pulling Alayna into a hug as she cried softly on her shoulder.

" Laura said, pulling Alayna into a hug as she cried softly on her shoulder

"Hey Sophi, today I missed you more than ever. I was sitting in class looking at your seat and I felt this void in my stomach. Liv tells me it's because I don't have the usual butterflies roaming around." Jordan said as he sat holding Sophia's hand.

"I need you to open those beautiful eyes of yours." Jordan said as a small tear slipped down his face. "I love you Sophia." He added before he felt her hand move a bit. As he brought his eyes up he saw that she had her eyes open. Her eyes were red and watery. "Oh my goodness, Sophia." He quickly said, getting a huge smile on his face.

As she still had the tube in her mouth Sophia was having a very difficult time breathing so Jordan quickly got up and made his way towards the door. "Doctor! I need a Doctor!" He called out before a woman made her way over to him.

"Hey kid what's going on?" She asked him as he saw how worried and uneasy he was.

"She's awake, she's having trouble breathing." He said as they made their way back into the room.