𝟕: 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲

"Good job tonight ladies." Coach Kimberly told the young girls that were now getting ready to leave the field. "Practice tomorrow after school." She added making them nod in agreement.

As the girls gathered there things Sophia was putting on an oversized hoodie to cover herself up from the cold.

"Hey, Sophia." Coach said, making her way over to the girl.

"Yes." Sophia simply responded, bringing her attention once again to her coach.

"So I got a call earlier today from the High School Sports Magazine office." Coach said, causing the young girl to nod in comprehension. "They let me know that you're going to be on the cover of this years magazine." Coach Kim said hoping the young girl would be excited.

"Really?" Was all Sophia could manage to even say. Coach just returned a nod with a soft smile. "I would love to do that. But wait, why me? I didn't even submit images this summer." She said a bit confused as she stuffed her hands into the oversized hoodie.

"Well let's say your girls love you and we submitted them for you." They both hear a young girl say as she made her way up to the two.

"Wait, you submitted the pictures for me?" Sophia asked with a bit of shock in her voice as well as excitement.

"Of course, this magazine was all you were hoping for. We couldn't let you miss out on this opportunity." Coach Kim said, giving the young girl another reassuring smile.

"Plus, we all knew you would win the cover." Savannah said, bringing her arm around Sophia's shoulders.

"Wow, this is huge." Sophia said, still taken back by the fact that she would be on the cover of a magazine. Not just any magazine, it's the main magazine that circles all around California.

The High School Sports Magazine is the magazine that any athlete in California dreams to be in, even if it's just a small mention. Freshman year, track star Anthony Smith from Chatsworth High was on the cover of that set. Sophomore year, football player Noah Underwood from Malibu High was on the cover of that set. Now, for the Junior set she would be on the cover. It was rare for a cheerleader to make the cover, better yet for any girl in general to make the cover. She was excited and she was ready to get home to tell her family. Quickly picking up her bag she made her way over to her car.

When she pulled into her driveway she saw Laura Baker's car on the furthest end. Then again after the great win that the boys had tonight. It was more than likely that the Baker's were there to celebrate with the main boosters the amazing turn that the Varsity team had taken.

Sophia pulled her car right next to her older brother's new mustang. Their father got him a new car for his 18th birthday that week.

She turned her car off and got out, popping her trunk open. She grabbed her duffel bag and closed the trunk behind her. Sophia made her way around the black BMW and went over to the entrance of her house. She made her way inside and somehow went unnoticed as she went upstairs to put her things down. When she made her way downstairs and into the back patio she was greeted by her mother and Mrs. Baker.

"Oh, there she is." Alayna said, making her way over to her daughter coming out through the sliding doors.

"You were great tonight." Laura told the girl with a small smile.