𝟓: 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

"Are you ready to suck it up to these people?" Sophia asked her brother as they made their way to the grand staircase behind their parents.

"Eh, I'll be fine. Will you, Miss Madam President?" Joel said extending his arm out for her to link hers with his.

"Oh please, don't remind me." Sophia said, rolling her eyes a bit, followed by a small chuckle from Joel that she kindly shared. "Just don't let me fall." Sophia said linking her arm with his as they approached the staircase.

"Never." Joel said, giving his younger sister a smile. With a smile on both of their faces the Castro siblings made their way down the staircase trailing behind their parents.

From below, all eyes were on them. Especially towards the young Castro girl that everyone thought would never make a comeback in these events. Yet she made her way down with her head held high at the side of her brother. They saw the determination and strength in the young girl's posture. Sophia scanned the room catching a glance at every single person. When her eyes suddenly landed on him. His eyes were already looking at her.

He saw her, and he felt like it was just them two in the room. His father saw the look in his son's face so he made his way over to him. "You might want to clean up that drool, son." Billy said with a small chuckle. Jordan in complete shock and embarrassment simply shook his head and gave a little laugh. "Go talk to her." Billy said as they looked over at the young girl that had made her way to the bottom of the stairs that was now being greeted by other boosters.

Jordan nodded and made his way over to the young girl. "Hey." The quarterback said from behind the young cheerleader.

She turned around with a smile on her face. "Well, don't you look nice." She said looking at the young man in front of her.

"You look beautiful as always." Jordan said with a smile looking down at the young girl in front of him.

"No, Hadley tonight?" Sophia asked with a hint of sarcasm.

"Oh come on, we both know I don't bring those girls to these events. There's only one girl I'd bring to these things." He said getting Sophia to look down at the ground.

"Oh yeah, and what girl is that?" She said walking over to the tall table that had glasses of water with lemon served.

"This cheerleader with an amazing personality, and a beautiful smile." Jordan said following behind the young Castro girl. "In other words, you." Jordan said as he looked at the young girl with a glass of water in her hand. They stood there looking at each other for what seemed to be hours but in reality it was just seconds.

"Hey darling, you look gorgeous tonight." They hear a female voice bring them out of their trans. They looked over to see Mrs. Baker come up to them with a smile on her face.

"I'll be over there with Dad." Jordan said leaving the two alone.

"How have you been, sweetie." Laura asked the young girl in front of her.

"Well, I'm hanging in there." Sophia responded with a small chuckle after.

"I see you and Jordan are getting along again." Laura said with a smile nudging over towards the Baker kid that had just walked away.