𝟏𝟕: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧

Morning came around and the Beverly High Eagles were up and running for practice. Yet part of the team was still worried about the young girl that was currently laying in a hospital bed.

Sophia hadn't opened her eyes yet and the Doctors had confirmed that it could take days, weeks, or even months. This was due to the fact that she was highly intoxicated with a certain drug and alcohol product. They managed to stop the bleeding, all they waited on was for her to wake up.

"No, no, no!" Coach Baker called out to his team as he saw how unfocused they were. "Sloppy. Sloppy. Is this the team that just won the division championship? Huh?" He asked, making his way over.

"Yeah, Coach." One of the players said nodding his head.

"Play like it! Please!" Coach added looking between Jordan and Asher who looked like they hadn't had a good night's sleep. "Get it together. Come here, J." He called out as he walked away.

"Yeah." Jordan said following behind his father.

"What's going on with you out there?" Billy asked his son, knowing the answer behind it.

"I'm just used to Asher running the route. With Joel playing safety." Jordan lied as he looked down at the grass below his feet.

"I don't care who's running what route, and who's playing safety." Billy told his son knowing he was hiding the real reason behind his distraction. "You throw a lazy pass like that, the D's gonna swallow it right up."  Coach Billy added with a stern voice. "Now where's your focus?" Billy asked his son once again hoping this time Jordan would say the truth.

"Where do you think my focus is?" Jordan quickly responded followed by a sigh.

"Look, Jordan..." Billy said, trying to sooth his son yet Jordan quickly shut him out.

"No, no, look." Jordan said followed by a scoff. "I can't be here focused on this when I keep looking at that phone hoping and praying that I get a call or a message from Mom saying that the girl that I love is awake. Yeah the doctors said she's out of danger but I won't be sure until I see her and see that she's awake and being her cheery self again." Jordan said using his hand to show emotions as well.

"Listen to me." Billy said getting his son to stop his rambling. "Until we hear anything, you are my quarterback. Matter a fact, you are Sophia's QB1 remember." Billy said, placing his hand on the young quarterback's shoulder. "Now you go out there and you give it your all like you always do when she's on the sideline." Billy said, rubbing his son's shoulder.

"Yeah." Jordan looked down at the ground.

"What did I say?" Billy asked, seeing his son look down.

"I'm her QB1." Jordan said as he nodded with a faint but small smile.

" Jordan said as he nodded with a faint but small smile