Chapter 14: Stay

Author's Note: This is a song chapter and I have added a song to make this chapter touch with emotion. You will know when to 'press play' on the song to the right.

The song is Rihanna - Stay 

Dylan's POV:

As my legs are shaking constantly tapping against the cement structure floor of class, it's only a matter of time before the bell rings to get out of second period. The clock tics slowly causing my nerves to become very bad as I steadily try to sit steal, failing every time. 

This whole week hasn't going very well at all. 

Seeing Mason horribly beat up one of his friends till he was half conscious wasn't something you would gladly want to see. I saw so much blood coming from his head as he lied there not moving, helpless to the situation. It made my heart ache to see Mason like that. All I could do was scream.

Why did Mason even do such a thing to his own best friend for who knows how long? Well my questions were answered, but not the way you would expect. 

I found out by things being gossiped about me around school, saying that it was because of me, was the reason why Mason did what he did. Saying he was defending me over some smart comment Ryan said and that he couldn't take it anymore. 

I honestly don't understand because what possibly could he say to make him snap like that? He doesn't even know me so I am sure it wasn't much, and besides even if it was, you souldn't be beating your friends to where there only half concious like that. 

They said Ryan was unconscious as soon as he hit his head on the floor when Mason tackled him on  as Mason's weight was forced on Ryan's head as they fell backwards. Picturing that made my stomach hurt like hell. Ryan had to go to the hospital and would be here tommorow.

The bell finally sounded to head to third period breaking me out of my thoughts.

Getting out of my seat, I stretched my legs getting all feeling back in them from sitting in those hard ass seats almost two hours. Regaining the feelings in my legs I grabbed my books and headed for the hallways.

People gave me rude and bitter looks as I passed them up just rolling my eyes ignoring them. Most of them were girls that liked Mason supposedly which to me wasn't really phasing me at all because all they were was just bumps in the road. 

Even though I say this, I can't help to feel a little bit sad today. I am kind of worried about Mason and how's he is holding up due to the fact I haven't seen him for about two weeks since the incident happened. I feel a weight stubbornly staying on my shoulders making feel like I am the cause of it.

"Dylan!" I suddenly jumped from the excited scream that pierced through my ears causing me to spend around quickly. Relaxing myself seeing only it was Sarah as she ran towards me with Alex. 

Alex and I have become really close lately these pass two weeks after what happened with Mason. We talked and shared laugh like normal friends do, but I couldn't help to fill a little strange at how things were between us. The way is blue eyes bloomed with care and such interest as we talk and how he was such a good listener, or maybe it was just me being such a hopeless romantic taking the smallest things that people do out of a act of kindness and making them into such big deal of romance.

As Alex and Sarah got to me I saw their face expressions change as they seem concerned. Alex put his hands on both of my shoulders and walking up close to me as he searched my face for all the emotions it was holding, "Dylan, whatever is bothering you, please tell us because you been like this all week and I am tired of seeing you like this."