Under Standing: The Ending

Author's Note: For all of those who do not get the ending of this story, here is the explanation.

Dylan is in the hospital due to a head injury his mother gave him at home. Once he woke up a stunning nurse is there to give him some assistance. Once the nurse is done, Dylan ask the nurse what hospital he is in, hoping it is the same hospital Mason is in. Giving the hospital the name, the nurse soon left out the room. 

Filled with glee Dylan sneaks and puts his clothes on leaving the room he was stationed in. Trying not to be noticed he walks to the front desk to ask a woman what room Mason was in. With a little suspicion she eyed him for a second , but soon gave him the room number.

Rushing his way to Mason, Dylan sprints to the nearest elevator, but with little patience goes down the stairs instead. Making it to the first floor Dylan found Mason's room, but was stunned by the sound of a heart monitor flat-line, the sound of death. Dylan started screaming at Mason to get up as he ran and shook him. One of the doctors noticed Dylan and yelled for someone to get him out of there. 

Dylan trying to keep his grip with tears running down his face, he suddenly lost his grip with a hard jerk of the arm. 

Out of the room, the nurse that pulled him out realized who we was, but Dylan got free of his grasp and ran before the nurse could do anything.

Running top speed, Dylan ran all the way to the roof top of the hospital spuriously not out of breath.

Walking to the edge of the roof, Dylan closes his eyes and let the wind hit his face. The urge to cry struck again as his face stung.

Suddenly someone shouted at Dylan as to what in the world he was doing up there. Dylan jumped and spun around, but his foot missed the edge causing him to fall of the roof.

Saying his last words before he hit the ground , because he knew he wasn't going to live through this fall nor a broken heart , he said ,"Mason I lo-" 

Dylan couldn't say what he had to say because he hit the ground before he could. He was trying to tell Mason he loves him. Something that he wanted to tell Mason for a long time,