Too good to be true

(Mention of suicide- it's just mentioned and talked about)

Norman kept himself rested against Ray but finally lifted his head to look at Ray, he smiled seeing Ray looking in the distance admiring his boyfriend's beauty, carefully reaching for his phone as to not alert Ray and went to take a photo while Ray was distracted and changed it to his phone wallpaper. Once satisfied with all this Norman got Ray's attention, the latter looked down to see Norman smiling slightly at him.

"It's two thirty just so you know so we can stay here or head back"

"Hm? Oh did I fall asleep?

"Yea you did but it's fine, don't worry."

"Alright, could we stay a little longer? I just like the fresh air"

"Sure" Ray smiled at Norman both going back to comfortable silence. Norman looked into the distance by the kid play park and saw a group of teenagers so pointed it out to Ray since the boy thought he recognised two of the people.

"Ray? Is that Emma and Don over there by the play park"

"Oh yea it is, you want to go say hi?"

"If that's okay could we?"

"Oh you want me with you?"

"Yea!"

"Sure but can we not tell them?"

"I wasn't going to"

Ray nodded in thanks and walked over to the group with Norman. When they got over Ray stopped a bit away and Norman went over to them. The black haired boy braced himself for the bullying.

"Hey Norman, it's been a while since we hung out outside of school" Emma said to Norman with enthusiasm as I could see in her eyes she wanted to tell him something else

"Yea it's just I've been helping Isabella since it's been a busy time for her"

"But why would you do that?"

"Because the Emo tried to commit suicide don't you remember? You had to go visit him once" one of the jocks called

"Oh shit yea- well it's good to see you're alive Ray but now you can hang out with us right?"

"Sorry not today Emma, I just wanted to say hi"

"Right before you leave can we talk privately" she begged Norman and he agreed. Ray quickly said to Norman we was going back to the tree and walked off.

Norman and Emma found a spot to talk for a bit, Emma spoke first

"I can't keep waiting to tell you this but I love you Norman and I want to be your girlfriend!"

"Oh- I'm taken Emma and plus I don't see you in that way"

"What?! By who?!"

"I'm not telling you Emma"

"It's Ray isn't it?!"

"Uh yea it is but-" before Norman could finish his sentence Emma raced off to the jocks and told the situation so one of them walked over and started to shout at Ray. Norman panicked for his boyfriend and went to go help him but was stopped by the others

"Also Norman if you want to be with him so badly then you are out of this group. We have too many anyway so"

Norman rolled his eyes and backed away watching from the distance and saw Ray arguing back, knowing his boyfriend wouldn't get physical but found a route to get over to him just in case. Norman got over just as Ray flipped the jock off

"Fuck off and get out of my face, run off back to your friends or do I need to dumb it down for you?"

The jock went to fight Ray but the latter moved just in time and walked away, Norman followed Ray and caught up. Both boys agreed it was best to get back and when they got in the were greeted by Isabella. Norman spent a while telling Ray how proud he was that Ray stood for himself.

"Norman I get it, it wasn't that big of deal"

"Then why did you not do it before?"

"Because as much as it hurt it meant I got to see you both daily and I could make sure you were okay. I mean I know you hung out with me sometimes but I could check that group wasn't hurting you"

"Oh Ray- that's so sweet of you!"

Norman kissed Ray's forehead and the latter playfully acted disgusted causing Norman to dramatically flop onto Ray. The two just messed around for a bit before being called down since Norman's mum had come to pick him up. The two said their goodbyes knowing they would be texting each other soon anyway.