chapter nine

At the Tourney field, the boys were playing

At the Tourney field, the boys were playing. The three VK girls were there and Lonnie was with them. Chloe was watching her two best-friends, her brother and even Ben play. "Ohay, ohay!" The Auradon people sang as cheerleaders were cheering.

"This is a nail-biter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood Falcons, two. The Fighting Knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals." The aunnouncer said. Chad was having a drink from his waterbottle before heading out to the field. "Get 'em, Chad!" Jay told him and Chad was surprised about it. "Thanks, Jay." Chad told him and ran out.

The announcer said, "The teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the kill zone. Akiho! The dragoneers have been laying down a withering hail of fire." "You're up." The coach said to Jay. "And now a substitution..." The announcer said. "Coach, how about my buddy here?" Jay asked as Carlos went under his arm, sitting down. "Oh no." Carlos said.

"Not so sure about that." The coach said and Jay pulled Carlos back up. "Coach, he's been practicing." Jay told him. "Jay..." Carlos muttered. "And you said yourself a team is made up of a bunch of parts." Jay said to the Coach. "Jay, I'm not that good." Carlos told Jay. "Well, he's kind of like my brain." Jay said to the coach.
Coach pulled someone out, "Come here!" Coach handed Carlos a stick, "You heard him. Get out there!"

"Don't worry, bro. I got your back." Jay told Carlos. "How about my front?" Carlos asked Jay. "Pfft. Get out there." Jay said pushing Carlos out. "Wooo!" The VK girls cheered for their two best-friends. "He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the Isle of the Lost and that little guy Carlos can barely hold a shield." The announcer said. "Break!" The boys on the field said.

The announcer said, "When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the tipoff is ready. Here we go. Long pass goes to Jay. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. Nice little block by Carlos. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face. And now Jay gets the ball back. Here comes Jay! Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field." Brendon yelled to Jay, "I'm open!"

Jay makes a nice pass to Brendon through the kill zone. "Jay!" Brendon yelled. "Big block by Chad! Brendon moves over wide, gives it back to Jay. He's in the clear! Shot! Oh, what a save by Philip the Falcons' goalkeeper!" "Come on!" Brendon yelled and Jay told him, calming him down by the failed shot, "All right, all right, let's do it!"

"Come on, guys! Come on, hustle, hustle!" The coach said. "23 seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Jay. Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay. Big block from Chad. Jay dishes off to Prince Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Jay through the kill zone, picks up Carlos. Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Jay."

"Hey, Jay!" Carlos yelled and Jay asked, "Carlos?" Jay hit it to Carlos' shield, making the ball go up in the air. "Go up! Ben!" Carlos said.
The announcer said, "He passes to prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it! What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible!"