chapter twelve

As they were on Ben's motorbike, heading into the forest, Chloe smiled liking the view of the trees, as she enjoyed the ride

As they were on Ben's motorbike, heading into the forest, Chloe smiled liking the view of the trees, as she enjoyed the ride. Her arms were wrapped around Ben, making him smile. Then, they were walking across a bridge, Chloe in front and Ben was walking behind her.

Ben asked her, "Tell me something about yourself that you've never told anyone." "Um... My middle name is Beatrice." Chloe said, turning around and walking backwards, to look at Ben. "Beatrice?" "Yeah..." Chloe said, embarrassed. "Beatrice..." Ben said and they stopped walking, looking over the bridge. Ben was looking at her while Chloe was looking over the bridge's railing.

"Just my dad doing what he does best. Being really, really evil. Chloe Beatrice." Chloe said to him. "Mine's Florian." Ben told her and she asked, "Florian?" Ben chuckled as he said, "Yeah." "How princely. Oh, that's almost worse." Chloe replied and Ben said back to her, "I mean, you know, It's better than Beatrice. But it's still not..."

Ben asked her to close her eyes. She did and helped her walk to the spot. "Watch your foot. Are you good?" Ben asked causing her to way, "Mm-hmm." "Now, step up. There you go. You ready?" Ben asked.

Chloe nodded and said, "Mm-hmm." "Open." Ben told her as his hands went up and down on her arms. She opened her eyes, amazed at what she saw. Chloe looked up at him and smiled. "Go on." Chloe walked over with him following her.

Chloe was sitting up as Ben was laying on his side. Chloe was eating her first jelly donut as she said, "Mm..." "Is this your first time?" Ben asked. Chloe wiped off her hands with a napkin and said, "Mm... I have only dated one guy, but we only went out a couple of times. Nothing like this let me tell ya." "Um, I meant, is this your first time eating a jelly donut?" Ben said after he chuckled at her comment. Chloe asked, "Is it bad?"

"You got a... Just a... I mean, yeah." Ben wiped a little bit off her lips and showed her what to do, "Do this." Chloe did what he told her to do, causing her to say, "Mm-hmm. Gone? You can't take me anywhere, I guess." "You know, I've done all the talking. Your turn. I really don't know that much about you." Ben then leaned in, "Tell me something."

Chloe thought for a minute, "Well, I'm 16. I have a twin brother. And I have lived in two places." Ben nodded and Chloe asked, "So you excited to become king?" "Yeah..." Ben said looking down, causing Chloe to ask, "What?" "A crown doesn't make you a king." Ben told her. "Well, it kind of does." Chloe said and they both laughed.

"No, it... Your father is the head of all evil, but your mother is also the head of all fairies and I've got the poster parents for goodness. But we're not automatically like them. We get to choose who we're gonna be. And right now, I can look into your eyes and I can tell you're not evil. You only pretended to be evil to make your dad proud. But now ever since you met your mother and your twin brother, I only see good. I can see it." Ben told her and it made her smile.

"Let's go for a swim." Ben told her, making Chloe's eyes widen and asked, "Hm? What? Uh... Right now?" "Yeah, right now." Ben told her as he unbuttoned his shirt. "I think I'm just gonna stay here." Chloe replied, causing Ben to reach his hand out to her as he said, "No, no, no. Come on." "I think I'm gonna stay behind and try a strawberry. I've literally never tried a strawberry before. Mm! Mm..." Chloe said, amazed with the taste of a strawberry. "Don't eat all of them." Ben told her and began to walk away, to go swimming. "Okay. Ooh! Mm." Chloe said to herself as she ate some strawberries.

Chloe got up and watched Ben as he waved at her. "Are those little crowns on your shorts?" Chloe yelled to him. "Maybe." Chloe waved back and he roared soon jumping in as he said, "Whoo! Ha-ha!" Chloe laughed and then turned around, letting him swim and soon began to sing as she leaned into the stoned pillar.

"A million thoughts in my head. Should I let my heart keep listening?" Chloe sang as her head was against the stoned pillar. "Cause up 'til now, I've walked the line. Nothing lost but something missing." Soon Chloe had a past vision of her and her dad on the balcony. Her looking at her father's statue in the museum, when they almost stole the wand.

"I can't decide what's wrong, what's right. Which way should I go?" Soon Chloe was singing as she kept thinking about her past. "If only I knew what my heart was telling me. Don't know what I'm feeling, is this just a dream? Ah oh, yeah!" Soon Chloe got a memory of meeting Ben the first time. She ignored his hand shake, as Ben stared at her, while she felt a weird feeling. Then another of them talking at her locker.

One came when she was showing Brendon her birthmark, reuniting the two twins. Another one was of her meeting her mom and hugging her. Then another memory came and it was her looking at herself in the mirror as she was wearing the outfit she was currently in. Then when she opened the door, seeing Ben.

"If only I could read the signs in front of me, I could find the way to who I'm meant to be! Ah oh, Yeah! Am I crazy? Maybe, we could happen. Yeah. Will you still be with me, when the magic's all run out...?" Another memory of when they were on the bridge. When Ben showed Chloe where their date was.

"If only I knew what my heart was telling me... Don't know what I'm feeling, is this just a dream?" She leaned her back into the stoned pillar. "Ah oh... If only I could read the signs in front of me, I could find the way to who I'm meant to be! Ah oh..."

"If only, yeah! If only, yeah! If only, yeah! If only, yeah! If only... If only..." She then went an sat down. Soon Chloe looked around, not seeing Ben. "Ben? Ben? Ben?" Chloe couldn't hear any voice, just sounds from birds chirping. She sat up and yelled out, "Ben!" Her voice echoed and panicked. The girl who couldn't swim, jumped into the water to find him.

Soon she got deep enough where Chloe began to struggle as she tried to stay above water. Soon arms came under her, Ben was saving Chloe. She coughed to get the little bit of water out of her lungs. Ben put her back on the stone floor, when he got to there. "Ugh! You scared me!" Chloe said hitting his shoulder.

"You... you can't swim?" Ben asked confused. "No!" "You lived on an island?" Ben asked causing Chloe to say, "Yeah, with a barrier around it, remember? Ugh!" "And you still tried to save me..." Ben asked her. "Yeah. And do you thank me? No! All I get is soaking wet!" Chloe said squeezing out the water of her dress skirt.

"And, uh, this fancy rock. It's yours. Make a wish and throw it back in the lake." Ben said giving her a large glowing rock. Chloe grabbed it and looked at him. She took a breath and thought, "Make this relationship become true... and not fake due to that stupid love spell."

She threw it back into the lake and stood up, freezing as she got goosebumps. Ben put his letterman jacket around her. "Thanks..." Chloe muttered still a bit upset, but she sat back down. Ben dried off his hair with a towel and then sat next to her. "Uh, Chloe... I told you that I loved you. What about you? Do you love me?" Ben asked her as he played with a strand of her black wet hair.

"I don't know really know what love feels like." Chloe admitted as she looked away from him. Ben put his hand under her chin and made her look back at him. "Maybe I can teach you..." They then smiled at eachother after Chloe said to him, "Okay..."