chapter sixteen

At the Auradon Cathedral,

The VKs parents were watching the coronation through their TV. "At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation where Prince Benjamin will soon be crowned king! I'm Snow White, bringing you up to the second coverage of who's the fairest of them all."

Evil Queen threw popcorn at the TV. "I'm Snow Whote." Who are you kidding? She's definitely had work done!" "Oh, Fairy Godmother and the Blue Fairy are looking radiant." "That stupid fairy!" Chernabog yelled. "But what is happening with Jane's hair?" Snow White said about Fairy Godmother's daughter. "And there is Fairy Godmother's wand." "I want that wand!" Maleficent said and Cruella said, "Do you? Hadn't heard." Maleficent glared at Cruella. "The Blue Fairy already has hers out!" Snow White said.

Snow White then said, "Oh! Here comes Brendon, the hand of the King." Brendon was in the carriage with Mal. "My daughter..." Maleficent said seeing Mal. "Yeah, well your daughter is with my son!" Chernabog said to her. "Oh! Here comes Ben now!"

"With him is the daughter of the Blue Fairy, Chloe!" Ben saw Chloe looking nervous. He held her hand as she had a blue box in her lap. "Don't be nervous. All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there." "Thank you." Chloe said.

"Chloe, would you wear my ring?" Ben asked. "Really?" Chloe asked and he nodded. "Of course." She said smiling and he put the ring on her ring finger. "I have something for you." Chloe said. "For me?" Ben asked. "Yeah. It's just for when you need strength. Some carbs to keep up your energy." Chloe said.

"Always thinking. But I can't wait." Ben said and he took a bite. "Mm. Mm... Mm! This is really good." "Uh, do you..." "Chlo?" He asked as she struggled to talk. "Do you feel okay?" Chloe asked. "You bet." "Would you say that you're still in... that... that you have very strong feelings for me?" Chloe asked.

Ben replied, "I'm not sure. I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect." "Yeah... Okay..." She then realized what he said, "Wait what? What? You knew?" "That you spelled me? Yeah. Yeah, I knew." Ben told her. "I'm... I can explain myself."

"No, look, It's fine. I mean, you had a crush on me. I was with Audrey. You didn't trust that it could happen on its own. Am I right?" Ben asked. "Yes. You're so right. So, then, how long have you known?" Chloe asked. "Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake." "So then what? You've just been... Faking it since then?" Chloe asked. He held her hand and kissed it. "I haven't been faking anything." Ben said making her smile.

Brendon and Mal were waiting for Ben and Chloe. "Well, If it isn't..." "My daughter... What happened to her hair!? Her clothing!? She is looking like some kind of..." Chernabog began to say but Snow White said, "Princess! Now, let's see who this beauty is wearing. Evie."

"Evie! That's my dau... Evie!" "Someone named Evie designed her gown." Snow White said. "That's my daughter!" Evil Queen said. "Oh, wow. She sewed a dress. Meanwhile, my traitor daughter is duped a prince!" The Chernabog said.
"Bitter, party of one. Bitter, party of one." Evil Queen said. "It's happening, people! It's happening! I say, gird your loins! Gird your loins! Villains, our revenge begins today." Maleficent said due to her daughter.

Soon the four teenagers got to the top where Belle and Beast were waiting. Mal and Chloe curtsied. "About the other day, I just..." Beast interrupted Mal, "I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy." "You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself. Even when it isn't easy." "I did?" Belle hit his arm. "I... how very wise of me."
Belle told her son, "Ben, we are very proud of you. You keep listening to your heart." "Thanks, mom." "You're gonna make a fine king." Beast said.

Beast took Belle inside and Mal grabbed a man's hand who was taking her in. "Wish me luck." Ben told her. "Good luck. To both of you." Chloe said to both her boyfriend and brother. "Thanks sis." Brendon said and soon Chloe was being lead into the building by a man.

The choir was singing and soon the doors opened and Ben and Brendon walked in. Everyone was bowing or curtsying. Ben and Brendon smiled at their girlfriends. Mal looked at Chloe, she saw her smiling. She felt bad what she was going to do. "Don't blow it, kiddo." Maleficent said.

The Fairy Godmother and The Blue Fairy walked up and hugged Belle and curtsied to Beast. Blue took off his crown. The Blue Fairy placed the crown upon Ben's head. The Beast lifted the glass that held the wand of the Fairy Godmother. Mal looked at the other three VKs as Chloe watched what her mother and fairy godmother were doing.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" The Blue Fairy asked. "Oh, grab the thing already!" Maleficent said as Ben said, "I do solemnly swear." "Do you solemnly swear to be by the King's side, helping him and being there for him?" The Fairy Godmother asked. "I do solemnly swear." Brendon said as The Blue Fairy smiled at the boys.

"Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king." The Fairy Godmother said as she put her wand on both sides of the boys shoulders. The wand was soon grabbed making everyone gasp. "Yes!" Maleficent said as the other villains celebrated. Soon the barrier was broken. "The barrier is broken! We're free!" Evil Queen said. The Chernabog turned into a black colored fog and went towards Auradon. "Scepter! Now!" Maleficent said and soon did the same thing but turned into a green colored fog as the Chernabog as she did an evil laugh.

"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother screamed as it was Jane who grabbed it. "If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" Jane said but still struggled. Ben ran in front of Chloe as Brendon went to Mal. "Take cover!" Beast yelled and soon Mal went to grab the wand. "Careful, Mal!" The Blue Fairy yelled.

Mal got the wand and the three others began to run down. "Mal, give me the wand." Brendon told her. "Stand back!" "It's okay." Brendon told her. "Brendon, I said stand back!" "I told you so!" Audrey began to say and Mal turned to Audrey making her walk back to her family and friends. "Let's go!" Carlos said and Jay told Mal, "Revenge time."

Chloe came out behind Ben. "Chloe, no!" Ben said and she told him, "It's fine." Then she mouthed, "She'll listen to me." "You still really want to do this?" Chloe asked. "We have no choice, Chloe! Our parents..." Mal began to say. "Your parents made their choice! My dad made his choices! Now you make yours." Chloe said.

"I think I want to be good." Mal said to her best-friend. "You are good." Brendon told her. "How do you know that?!" Mal yelled. "Because... Because I'm listening to my heart." Brendon told her. "I want to listen to my heart, too. And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents. I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy." Mal said to Jay.

"And you, scratching dude's belly makes you happy. Who would've thought?" Mal told Carlos. "Evie... You do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart." Mal said. "And Chloe, you are happy and the old Chloe you used to be because you found what that was missing. Your mom, your brother and Ben." Mal said making Chloe smile.

"And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Brendon. Because Brendon makes me really happy." Mal said as she wore a purple gemmed ring he got her. "Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys." Mal said putting her hand in.

Chloe put her hand in due to being their best-friend. "I choose good, too." Jay said putting his hand in and Evie said, "I choose good." "So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really, really mad." Carlos said.

"Your parents can't reach you here." Ben told them. "Okay, then. Good." Carlos said putting his hand in. "Come on." Mal said to both Brendon and Ben. Ben went next to Chloe as Brendon went next to his sister and girlfriend. The two put their hands in as Chloe put her head on Ben's shoulder. Soon a loud swoosh was heard. "We're back!"