Chapter 27

Most start talking at once, yelling there feelings at Atlas. The others sit there in shock. The prince handles it well, taking one question at a time, ignoring the way they sneer at him. The crown isn't everyones favorite, especially not people who have had nothing while they have so much. The rulers didn't used to be like this, they were kind and fair, but not for the last hundred or so years.

I stand a good distance away from him, letting him take the brunt of the questions. I don't feel badly for him, these are all fair questions and he brought this on himself. However he doesn't look hurt or scared, he stands tall, completely unaffected by the way there anger is thrown at him. It makes me almost more angry that he looks like that instead of sad and deflated. Like he was on the ship when it was going down.

Not that being that venerable will help him here, but it would make me feel better for trusting him. This man standing in front of me is not who I thought he was, and it only makes me feel like a fool for my actions. Frustration and ire rise up in my bones, the urge to punch him is so strong. I hate looking weak and that is exactly how I feel, everybody will soon realize that.

"That's enough!" I yell.

Silence goes around the room, everybody stills and turns to me. Even Atlas turns slightly, his body barely facing me. I can't hear their questions anymore. Not because they aren't fair, but because I feel worse for not asking them myself, demanding them of him when he entered my ship.

"Your questions are understandable, but right now they are useless, he can't take back what happened. And neither can I." I sigh, knowing I can't blame it all on him, and for a second I think I see the old Atlas flash across his face, but just as fast as it came it's gone. Only indifference and annoyance left there.

Ike stands. "So what do you want to happen?" He aks.

And I forgot he doesn't know anymore of what's about to happen, I only told him what happened and who Altas was. "I know you are all still fully recovering, but if you are like me, you need something to focus on, do something about what happened to us. We can yell at the prince all day, and if you want to I won't stop you." I hear Altas grunt, but I ignore it. "However we have come up with a plan."

"And what is this plan?" Asks Roger.

Atlas speaks before I can, taking the audiences eyes with him. I am grateful for the break to breath. "We know who was responsible for the attack, the crown. And before you say anything I am well aware that includes me, however I wasn't directly the one who did this. My brother Roman was, he killed my eldest brother and ultimately led to the death of my mother."

I gasp. I only knew about his brothers death, I had no idea his mother died from anything but natural causes. My heart breaks for the soulless prince in front of me, who doesn't seem affected by what he just shared.

"He has decided that it is his duty to murder anyone who wants to share a secret we have no right keeping anymore. This has to stop before more people die. He attacked our ship to kill me, and the rest of you were collateral damage." He clears his throat, only revenge blazing in his eyes. "I am done running away, this time he will pay. I am going back to the capital of Midoriya, this time I will stop him. He will be tried for the heinous crimes he played a part in."

I take over. "We have come up with the plan that a team of us will travel to the capital, to keep the prince safe until he can stop Prince Roman. Once that goal is finished, the prince has agreed to pay us all a hefty sum." I look in each of their eyes. "So, who wants to join this mission?"

Hands raise. But the first person to speak surprises us.

"I will join." Says Cianna. "I will make everyone pay for what happened to my sister." And I see the same look in her eyes as Altas's, wondering if I too carry it.