The Glowing Red Eyes

Tears never stopped running down my face as I thought back to Jake and Y/N back at Changbin's and Isabella's house. When I thought I had everything and had put my old life in the past, it just came back even harder to remind me that I have a long battle to fight.

"They'll be fine Felix. All of you guys will be fine, we'll make sure of it." Jisung reassured me as he used one hand to pat my shoulder. I could only nod as I gripped the steering wheel even harder, trying not to let out more tears run than I already have.

As we rode through the darkness in silence, I had an urge to look into the rear mirror. As I reverted my eyes up, I instantly regretted my decision to do so. In the middle of the road, in the pitch blackness and the red hue of the car backlights, I see a person with bright glowing red eyes. I quickly revert my eyes onto the road just to see the same person appear right in front of us.

I slammed on the brakes that sent all of us forward as we halted with a loud screech. "Felix, what happened?!" Hyunjin called from the backseat. I looked in the rearview mirror again to look at Hyunjin, but instead saw the person with glowing red eyes sitting right beside him. He stared into my soul, or should I say me? The demon...

He looked the same as he did in the past. Blood tears ran down his face as a smirk appeared on his face with his fangs shining towards me. The only difference he had this time was his red, glowing eyes. I quickly spun around just to see no one beside Hyunjin.

"You guys didn't see him?" I questioned as my heart ran faster than it already was. "Saw who?" Jisung questioned as both he and Hyunjin began getting anxious at what I saw. "The demon." I plainly say as I looked at them, but they just shook their heads with fear in their eyes. "Is it too late to go home?" Hyunjin awkwardly laughed as he tried to forget what I had just said. "Sadly...yes." Jisung sighed nervously as he adjusted himself in his seat. "Let's quickly get home." I turn back around and stepped on the gas as we sped back to my house.

~~~~

As we pulled into my driveway, we all bolted inside and locked the door behind us. "Okay...so now what? You said you saw the demon on the way here. What did he look like?" Jisung questioned as we all sat in the living room. "He looks just like me, but he has red glowing eyes with blood running down his face and fangs." I shook at his image that's still so vivid in my mind.

"So he's like...a demon vampire?" Hyunjin questioned this time. "Um...no. Just a demon." I corrected. "Okay...so when does he usually appear?" Jisung asked. I sat in thought as I looked at the timeline from the past until now. "The most unexpected times and when the people I love were around so he could hurt them." Jisung and Hyunjin didn't say anything as they both looked at each other with worried eyes. "You don't love us, right?" Hyunjin joked again as he tried to lighten the mood.

"Stop joking Hyunjin! We have to be serious about this." Jisung scolded as he turned back to me. "Were you able to control it when it overtook your body?" I could only just shrug. "Only sometimes. I don't really know how to control it."

We all sighed as we tried to think of a game plan. "Wait...it's not even possessing my body right now. It told me that it has taken an old friend of mine." I recalled as I processed through a list of who it could be possessing. "Who's your old friend?" Hyunjin questioned. I could only shrug again as I didn't know who it could be.

"My feelings are hurt, Felix. How could you have forgotten about me?" A malevolent voice echoed through the hallway as the demon walked out into the light of the living room with his bloody face, a smirk, and his red eyes.