112

Cool October air breezed through the open balcony window and into the hotel bedroom. Meredith moaned as the breeze found exposed skin, and tried to burrow further under the sheets and closer to her husband's warm body. Unfortunately, the sheets had become twisted during their late night – and early morning – activities, and she was unable to find full protection from the wind. "'s cold," she complained as she pressed her face into Derek's chest.

Derek shifted to accommodate her change in position. "Cold?" He asked sleepily, not even bothering to open his eyes.

"Cold," she confirmed.

"I'm not cold," he said with a sigh, pulling her body against his.

"That's because you're a freaking oven," she told him with a sigh as she snuggled even closer. His skin was so warm against hers.

He chuckled and lifted his head to glance over her. "The balcony door is open."

"We must have left it open on our way back in," she said, unable to stifle a smirk. "We were a little distracted."

"Hmm, balcony sex. Good times."

"We'll be able to have balcony sex at home in a few weeks."

"That's a good point."

Another gust of wind entered the room, causing Meredith to shiver and pull even closer to her husband.

Derek pressed a kiss to her bare shoulder and rolled away.

"Hey," she complained. "You were the only thing keeping me warm."

"I'm just shutting the door so that you don't freeze," he said softly, as he padded naked across the small bedroom. A moment later she heard the door shut. Derek paused at the base of the bed. "Don't yell at me for doing this. It'll be better in the long run."

"What are you going to do?" She asked, before yelping as the sheets that had been lying haphazardly over parts of her body lifted away without warning. "Derek!" She cried, now completely exposed to the cold temperature of the room.

"I said not to yell at me," he said with a chuckle as he laid the sheets down evenly over the bed and her body. "It was just for a second."

She sat up, grasping the sheets to her bare chest. "I never agreed not to yell at you," she pointed out. "Now, get back in here," she demanded, "It's freezing!"

"Bossy," he retorted as he slid under the sheets and reached for her.

"Mean," she countered.

He pulled her snug against his chest, wrapped his arms around her and draped a leg over hers. His hand ran lazy circles along her back. Meredith sighed in content as his warmth permeated her chilled body. She pressed her face into the crook of his neck, closed her eyes and inhaled. He always made her feel so safe. If she could, she'd bottle this feeling and take it with her everywhere she went. She smiled and almost laughed at the thought.

"What?" He asked softly, having felt her body tense as she tried not to laugh at her own embarrassing thoughts.

"Nothing," she said back. He already knew he had ignited a corny, mushy side of her; he didn't need to know just how successful he had been.

"Getting warmer?"

"Mmm, yes." She snaked her arm under his and rested her palm against his spine. "I love that you're always so warm."

"Well, I love that you're always so cold. It's a good excuse to press up against you."

She giggled. "I didn't know we needed an excuse."