chapter 23

The next day, diluc had wish to see you all in the dawn winery as he got some news about dvalin.

You all immediately gathered at the dawn winery and we're waiting for diluc as you were leaning on the wall while barbatos was playing a lyre and jean was just looking at you.

Not long diluc went out and started telling you all about what he got and good news is they found dvalin once again and he was in his lair.

You need to get ready in three days and save dvalin at any cost as you all agreed before going back to mondstadt once again.

Oncd you got there, you and barbatos talk for a while before he went back to the tavern while you then look at jean who was somehow waiting for you.

"Is there something you need, jean?"

"It's nothing.."

She then look to the side, avoiding eye contacts as her face turn immediately red and you tilt your brow.

"Do you wanna...walk for a while?"

She said and now look at you as you blink a few times and was confused that jean had offer you to walk with her.

You just nod as she immediately smiled but hid it as she remain composed and started walking as you followed her.

You both walk around the small city as some people greeted her, after all she is the acting Grandmaster of the knights of favonius in mondstadt.

Later some kids went to her and started greeting her as she smiled at them and kneel down to their height.

The kids talk about how they gonna be just like her one day as jean just listened and praise them on that, even tell some stuff about being the knight of favonius.

Just then two little kids went to you as you look down and look at them. The little girl holding a flower crown while the little boy was holding one windwheel aster as they had troubled looking at you.

You became slightly nervous as you haven't handle a child for a long time so you don't know how to handle this situation.

Jean and the other kids just look at you three and observe you as one of the child then spoke.

"Uhm...."

"..yes?"

The little girl flinch a little when you spoke as you became more nervous and kneel down to their height as you look at them.

"We just..want to thank you for saving.. mondstadt and it's people and..we want to give you this.."

The little girl then lean the flower crown close to you as you just look at the child then to the flower and slowly lean your head down so that they can put the crown in your head.

The little girl immediately smiled and gladly put the crown on you as you then move your head up.

Now it was the little boy as he offer you the windwheel aster and you gently took it and you look at jean who was telling you to smile as you gulp and tried smiling at them.

"Thank you..little ones"

You said and smiled as jean skip a beat when you smiled at those kids and got flustered.

Just then all the kids that was with jean went to you as they became comfortable with you and started thanking you for saving mondstadt and them as well as you just smiled at them.

One of the kids then brush their hand on your long hair as you slowly look to the side.

"Wow, big sis you have a long smooth hair"

The kid said in awe and now one of the kid suddenly touch your horns and started rubbing it.

"Woah, cool"

"....."

"Big sis, do you want to play with us?"

"But I'm not good-"

"Big sis jean, will play with us too right?"

The kid said while they look at jean as jean couldn't refuse and just nod and smiled nervously at them while you sigh and agreed.

The kids started grabbing you both as they started dragging you and play with them.

You played a simple game that a person needs to be blindfolded and find the others while being blindfolded, find one of them and the game is done and the person that was caught is the one who's gonna be blindfolded next.

After the kids explain that to you both, they decided to made you two the one being blindfolded as you both agreed.

They put a blindfold on both of you and you stood up and wait for the kids to say ready and once they did, Both you and jean started looking for the kids that was just surrounding you both.

"Ssssh!"

"Hey don't make a noise!"

You move your head to right when you hear some kids voice and started walking toward there.

Meanwhile jean heard someone on her left whispering and started walking there.

Just when you both felt someone, you both started wrapping both your arms on them and immediately said.

"Caught you!"

You both said and soon recognized each other's voices and jean immediately got flustered while she felt her arms wrapped around you while you were blushing too and can feel her breath on your neck.

You both immediately let go of each other and stayed on your spots for a while.

Once you heard another noise from the kids, you immediately went there while jean tried calming herself for a while before going back to play the game.