chapter 35

"y/n..."

"....."

"Y/n.."

"...."

"Y/n-"

"I can hear you, venti"

"Yeah I know but...you.."

"Really need to stop drinking...it's only noon.."

"I know"

"Seriously your just in a good mood earlier. what happened, dear friend?"

"Oh nothing..just got paired with someone I really don't like"

"Is that so?"

"Yes and I think she is looking for me right now because I run away from the office after jean paired me with her"

"And so your hiding in the tavern?"

"It's not like she'll find me here-"

"They you are!"

"....archons.."

You both look to see eula already looking at you with those cold stare as she was folding her arms and tapping on her heels.

"What a..pleasant uh.. surprised.."

"I was running around mondstadt only to find you here, drinking at noon?"

"What's wrong with drinking at noon? And besides we both know you don't like us getting paired in a mission"

"As much as I want to agree with you, the grandmaster assign us to this and I can't let her down as I am one of the knights of favonius"

"....how honorable of you"

"....are you really just gonna sit there and drink dandelion wine?"

"I would but then..I don't want to let down jean as well so.."

You put down your glass and turn to face her as venti just pretend he didn't witness this and drink.

"Let's just get this thing over with so that we both don't torture ourselves no more"

"Sounds good to me but I still had my vengeance on you"

"Whatever"

You stood up and bid farewell to barbatos as he just smiled at you before you left the tavern with eula and went to the place jean told you to check.

The mission was about some fatui incident going around mondstadt and jean can't help but thought that those fatuis are scheming something which is why she both assign you two because you two are the best so far.

Well you can't say no to her after all which is why you agreed teaming up with a Lawrence.

You and eula are on the place where the fatui incident had start as you were both examining it while you both found some clues but still need to investigate further.

While investigating eula suddenly started a conversation.

"So, you and the acting Grandmaster sure is close"

"I'm surprised you started a conversation with me"

"Well this quietness is killing me.."

"Fair point and to answer your question, me and jean are close"

"You did immediately agreed to Team up with me even though this is hell for both of us"

"I can't say no to her"

"Hmm~ what's your relationship with her anyway?"

"....I'm afraid this conversation had ended"

You said to avoid the subject as eula just look at you suspiciously but to your surprised she didn't pursue you no more.

Not long you heard some footsteps coming in your ways as you look to the direction and smell this fatui scent which eula felt it somehow as she look to the direction as well.

"Guess we've got some company"

"I'll handle those fatuis-"

"I'm afraid I can do it alone"

"No I will do it, you better go back to mondstadt and report back to the acting Grandmaster"

You summon your sword as you didn't listen to eula of course while eula just sigh and summon her claymore as well and stood beside you.

The fatuis then appeared as they became cautious once they both saw you.

"Kill those witnesses!"

They summon their weapon as you immediately use electro while eula started charging at them.

~~~

In the middle of the fight, some hilichurls then appeared as eula look and click her tongue.

"Another enemies on our way!"

She warned you as you knock out some fatui while swinging your sword to the side as you then look to the direction and did saw some hilichurls coming your way.

"For archons sake"

You started approaching eula as you grab her and pulled her away from the other fatuis while you put her behind you and summon some ice shield to protect her.

"What are you scheming!?"

"Finishing this battle"

You said and your hand started glowing while you open wide both your arms and suddenly pyro started appearing and dispersed all over as the hilichurls and fatuis got burned to ashes, leaving nothing.

Eula covered herself even though she is protected by your ice shield but you notice your ice is melting to the heat as you lean your hand to the ice and use your cryo to maintain its shield.

Just then your pyro disappeared as your ice shield as well while you sigh and steam comes out all over your body.

Eula then look around as she don't see any hilichurls nor fatuis everywhere as she look at you.

"I know your gonna asked how I can handle three elemental abilities and why my pyro is red"

"All I can say is that I too don't know why I can handle three elemental abilities without a vision and why my pyro is redder than any average pyro"

"....."

"For now let's just go back since I used too much of my power and I need a long long rest"

You said and started walking as eula just followed quietly while examining you.

*Y/n...quite an interesting person you are..*