chapter 24

The next day, you were in the guest room sleeping peacefully when someone slowly sneak in inside the room.

You were still asleep as the person then immediately open the curtains which bright the whole room as you groan and squinted your eyes.

"Argh!..."

"Rise and shine, dear friend"

You know the voice is barbatos as you groan in frustration and open your eyes while glaring at him.

"Damn you, barbatos"

"Ooh~ someone's not in a good mood"

"That's because you ruin my sleep"

You said and sat up while you close your eyes and hugged the pillow.

"Today is the day you know"

"Mhm..."

"Hehe y/n, why do you look so tired?"

"....I was dragged to play with those little humans yesterday and got exhausted because we played all day"

"Hmm~ guess the people in mondstadt are liking you already"

"...."

"It's the first time I've seen you spend more time with humans"

"....."

"Hehe guess your to embarrassed to admit that you became fond of humans huh"

You look at him and frown as you sigh and went off the bed while going to the bathroom.

Later you went out as you were already prepared on the mission and barbatos was waiting for you outside the room.

You went out and saw him as he smiled and you approached him.

"Are you ready?"

"Anything to save my old friend"

He smiled at you once again before both of you went to his lair. When you got there diluc and jean were already there as they saw you both.

"I guess everybody is here now"

"Well then let's not waste time and save dvalin shall we?"

"Hmm~ aren't you quite eager now y/n?"

"I just want to end this quickly"

"Alright, alright let's go"

With that you all went to stormterror's lair as you had defeated bunch of hilichurls and not long you had reach his lair and can see the wind current blocking it.

"Well then, we'll leave this to you venti"

"Oh my, did you just actually call me venti now?"

"Figured you'd want me to call you that in any time so why not call you that now?"

"I thank you for calling me that"

Barbatos was about to begin his performance but then the enemies show up as you all look and they got cautious.

"Ah guess I need a little help"

Barbatos said as you just sigh and look at the churls.

"For archons sake"

You said and you lean your hand at them and the mitachurl started charging at your direction as your hand start glowing.

"Burn to ashes"

With that a fire appeared and went to the churls as they all got burned into ashes and immediately vanish as you use cryo to shield the others since anyone whose close to it will get burn.

You then used your cryo on yourself to stop the heat inside you as you can feel it burning the inside as you gritted your teeth.

"Y/N!!!"

you heard jean called out to you as she tried breaking the ice as you just look at her to tell her you'll be alright as the fire finally disappeared as well as the ice protecting them.

Jean immediately went to you as you look at them. She stop Infront of you and saw your arm that used the pyro one was burn all over but she can see it was already healing but slow.

"Don't worry about me jean, this is just minor injuries"

"You called that minor?"

"For an adepti yes"

She sigh and suddenly caress your face which caught you all by surprised as her face was full of worried.

"Please don't use your pyro until you can control it fully"

You couldn't respond and got flustered slightly as diluc then folded his arm and close his eyes.

"Ehem.."

Jean then realized what she just did and blush as she immediately retracted her hand and look down.

"My apologies.."

"You can check her later jean,right now we have a dragon to save"

Diluc then look at you as he notice your pyro is redder than the average color of pyro.

"I think you need to give us some little explanation until he finish his performance"

"It's not even a secret to hide but okay"

You had told them that you too don't know why your pyro was different from any pyro and even told them why you don't used it because it has consequences everytime you used it but you've been handling it with the help of the outrider.

Later barbatos had finally broken the barrier as your arm was fully healed as well.

"Dvalin, here we come"

You all went to stormterror's lair to save him from the poison corrupting him and end it once and for all.