Chapter 5 Runaway

(Don't turn on music until cued to)

(Ahh yess, my favorite place, Graceland, that's what it looks like, isn't it beautiful?Also before you ask, I was bitten by a Great Dane in face, almost losing my eye when I younger, and almost died, so I thought it would be cool if it happened to...

Also before you ask, I was bitten by a Great Dane in face, almost losing my eye when I younger, and almost died, so I thought it would be cool if it happened to Sophie for no good reason, so that's why that happened, please don't yell at me)

*Sophie POV*

Sophie woke up in the healing center, breathing hard.
It was all a dream Sophie!
She put her hand on her face, feeling a scar. No, the scar from the dog. She looked around, hopping somebody was there. Nobody was. She fiddled with her fingers, picking off an eyelash and flicking it away, she has been trying to stop the old habit, and she had been doing great at it, but she just ruined the process she had made. 
"Why?" She muttered.
She hated this. She was useless now, nobody a wanted weak Moonlark who got beaten by a stupid dog. She spotted her iPod, grabbing it and putting the AirPods in and turned on an Elvis song.
(CUE MUSIC!)
She hummed along, she loved Elvis, she always wanted to go to his burial place, which was his own house, but had never gotten the chance. She loved his music. She recalled Amy not liking him, calling her an 'Old schooler' which still kinda made her laugh to think about it. She started wondering  what Amy was doing now. This was Sophie's favorite, it all about dreams, even though there was another about dreams he sang, but Sophie loved this one the most. She smiled as the song kept going, she loved it so much. She closed her eyes, still humming along. Somebody tapped her on the arm, she paused the music., opening her eyes to see all her friends standing over her.
(I don't know how far you get when listening to the song while reading, if it's still playing, can you keep it on, if it's done playing, you don't have to turn it back on, it's not coming back on in this chapter)
"Sophie! Your awake! And what are you listening to?" Keefe asked.
"Elvis Presley," Sophie responded calmly.
Keefe gasped, looking at the photo of Elvis on her iPod.

"HE HAS AMAZING HAIR!" Keefe gasped. "I MUST LEARN HOW HE DOES IT,"
Sophie laughed.
"How can I meet him?!" Keefe asked, his voice becoming a shout.
"Uhhh he's dead-" Sophie said.
"WHAT?!" Keefe yelled.
"Yeah, he's been dead since the 1970s," she said.
"Let's please change the subject, I don't wanna hear about hair anymore," Complained Dex.
"Alright, are you aright Soph?" Fitz asked.
"I'll be fine," Sophie said, nodded.
"Do you know how you injuried?" Biana asked.
"A Great Dane," Sophie whispered.
"A what? I can't hear you Soph," Linh said.
"A Great Dane," She said a tiny bit louder.
"A what?! We still can't hear you Sophie," Tam said.
"A GREAT DANE!" She screamed, tears falling down her face, curling into a ball.
"What's that? Sophie what's wrong?" Linh asked, sitting next to Sophie, holding her hand.
"A really big human dog," she whispered loudly, not looking up.
I'm so useless! I got knocked out by a stupid dog!
"Sophie your not useless!" Fitz said.
"HEY DON'T GO INTO MY HEAD!" She snapped back.
"Woahhh geeezzz calm down Sophie! Don't go after Fitz!" Keefe said.
"Then he should stay out of my head!" She snapped back.
"You hear that Fitz? No more going into Sophie's head without her knowing." Biana laughed.
Fitz muttered something about being cognates.
Elwin pushed everyone out, Sophie was glad about this, she needed some alone time.
Before long, Sophie teleported to her room at Havenfeild, writing down stuff.

I'm sorry I'm a failure.... Don't come to try and find me, it's safer, the Neverseen found the Moonlark's soft spot, I can't protect anyone now, I'm sorry.

-Sophie Elizabeth Foster

(Don't worry, Sophie will be back, sooner or later)