Chapter 17, The breakdown

*Sophie POV*

She reached a cliff with a large tree, it wasn't any tree though, it was a wanderling, but again, it wasn't any wandering, it was her father's.
She sat next to it, letting Maple roam around and eat some grass.

(This but on a cliff)

She smiled at the tree, chiefs or leaders of the Crystal Village often times their symbol would grow into a root statue of it, which was commonly an animal her father's was a maned wolf.

Sophie smiled as she thought of her own symbol, hers was a horse, wild and free, she shivered thinking of what her wandering root statue, would the horse be grazing? Would it be rearing? She pushed those thoughts out of her head

Sophie smiled as she thought of her own symbol, hers was a horse, wild and free, she shivered thinking of what her wandering root statue, would the horse be grazing? Would it be rearing? She pushed those thoughts out of her head. She thought of Breezestar's symbol, which was oddly enough, a Fennec fox, she didn't even know why and she didn't want too either. Quietcloud's was a Tiger, which made sense for Sophie, she was getting herself into too many fights with Zodiac these days. Zodiac's was actually an Arctic Fox, why? Sophie didn't know if it was life or death. Smallwillow's was a golden tiger, why? Sophie guessed it was be it was rare and she just wanted a rare animal as her symbol.
"Soph? Sophie, we need to talk," a voice said behind her.
Biana
She jumped, turning her head to see Fitz and the others, walking towards her.
Oh heck nah, this wasn't going to go well.
"What do you want?!" She barked, but Dex interrupted.
"Is this.... a wanderling? Why is it not in the wanderling woods?" Dex asked.
"It's my fathers now go away!" She barked back, trying to sound big and scary.
"Your dad's? Sophie? You know who your dad is?" Keefe asked, walking towards Sophie who must've felt her fear and sadness.
Tears slipped out of Sophie's eyes.
No Sophie, suck it up! Don't show weakness!
"Soph...." Keefe whispered before hugging her tightly.
Sophie was surprised for a second before hugging him back, and a few seconds later, Sophie felt more arms raped around on her.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry for leaving," she cried.
"Soph.... Sophie, it's ok, you were just upset, and your alright, that's all that matters," Linh said.
"You never came back! You left us! You betrayed us to join some Village and met your boyfriend! I've always loved you Soph! You broke my heart! You broke all of ours!" Fitz barked.
Sophie's eyes widened, tears falling out of her eyes, but Keefe grabbed Sophie's hand.
"H-He's not my boyfriend! H-he's my brother!" Sophie stumbled.
"Sure, your just saying that so you don't break my heart," Fitz said.
Keefe seemed to understand Sophie's distress and came to her rescue.
"She's not lying Fitz! And during your entire dating relationship, you were toxic as heck to her!" Keefe barked, holding Sophie close to him.
Sophie nodded.
"I was not!" Fitz snapped.
"Fitz, just go away!" Keefe snapped.
"Fine! Cmon Biana, let's go," Fitz snapped, walking away.
"Soph- I'm sorry," Biana said before running off after Fitz, and the others followed, leaving Keefe and Sophie behind.
"You ok Foster?" Keefe asked.
"Yeah- I-I'll be fine," Sophie whispered.