Lunchtime antics

Outside on the quad, after class:

In the glow of the sun, I sit leaning back on my palms, legs kicked out in front of me and sunglasses balanced on top of my head, pushing my hair out of my face. Andie sits to the left of my feet, legs crossed and a smile beaming as she babbles about the geometry question on our math test. Jack is lying to the side of me with his eyes closed, he is using my right leg as a pillow to prop up his head. He breaths softly and I can tell that he's dozed off because he hates it when Andie gets so excited about school.
We sit there eating our picnic lunch of chips, carrot sticks, grapes and a giant slice of chocolate fudge cake- three forks.

Pacey comes over half-way through lunch to join us, just having finished his detention for forgetting the homework. AGAIN. He takes the sunglasses out of my hair, almost poking me in the eye as he does so and then places them on the bridge of his nose, wiggling his head from side to side thinking he looks so suave.
'Pacey! You know I actually like the gift of sight, sometimes I wish there were things I didn't have to see, like your sly grin every morning. But, for the most part, I'll happily make the sacrifice.'
Jack jumps up and clambers over me to try and take the sunglasses back, but he falls flat on his face into the dirt. Andie runs round the other side of Pacey to get them, but he grabs her arm from behind and they both fall toward me and Jack.

There's a scramble of arms and legs while we all roll around and laugh, until my sunglasses fly high up in the air and land a few meters off in the grass. Somebody picks them up and I shout:
'Hey! Could you pass them here? They're mine.'
I look up to see Joey Potter, holding the sunglasses. She wears a green, red and white striped camisole and baggy blue jeans that hang down over her hips. Her backpack is slung over one shoulder and on her feet she wears black platform flip flops. She's beautiful. I'd always thought so. But it was always ruined by a sad and yet peeved puppy-dog look she had across her face.

'Well if it isn't Josephine Potter! You're looking as chipper as always.' Pacey winks at her.
She hands me back the sunglasses and I try to smile at her, but she doesn't make eye contact with me.
'Just passing through Pacey, don't worry I wouldn't want to spoil any of your fun by starting and intellectual conversation.'
'I'll have you know Miss Potter that I have daydreamed during many an intellectual conversation with Andie here, so I'm all set for adding those additional brain cells!' Pacey replied, and we all giggled.
Joey scowled at us all, maybe she thought we were laughing at her. Storming back off to find Dawson, she swings her pony tail back and forth, it is in-sync with her backpack.

'She doesn't like me does she?' I ask.
'She doesn't like anyone but Dawson, Y/N, I wouldn't take it personally.' Jack says while squeezing tighter to hug my shoulders with one arm.
'She likes you Jack.'
'Yeah well you've seen how much girls want a gay best friend these days. It's the new craze on after-school specials, I can't help it that I'm part of the trends Y/N!' We all laugh at him and Andie ruffles his hair.
'You know, having a gay brother does make me feel like a Hollywood star, maybe you're right!' She says.