Slumber party

The next morning after the party:

I woke up feeling groggy, my eyes felt heavy like elevator doors slamming shut and resisting the need to let light enter them. I'd leant funny on my right arm, it was bent at an awkward angle and was dead and floppy. I flicked it down off the side of the bed until the blood flowed back into it and the pins and needles stopped buzzing through my arm. I'd fallen asleep still in my jeans, but I was down to just a bralette that was under my shirt on my top half. I began to try and roll over- then was met face-to-face with Andie and Jack lying the other side of her. They looked so similar when their faces were relaxed in sleep and they each let out a similar soft snore, almost like a slight whimper. They looked so sweet, so peaceful.

I tried to push up using my palms to sit up, but lifting my head I saw Pacey was nuzzling his head into my left leg. One of his hands were twisted round my right leg, so I couldn't move either of them without waking him. Watching him intensely, I debated whether or not to try and wriggle free, knowing that if it woke him up he'd be twice as irritating as usual from the lack of sleep. So I just lay there watching them all sleep (well mostly watching Pacey) until I had the overwhelming realisation that I must look absolutely dreadful, reflective of how I was feeling. I tried as best I could to untangle my legs from Pacey's arm and felt reassured when his head landed softly on the bed and he simply exhaled and went back into a deep sleep. His, now brown again, curly hair swept slightly over his forehead and it was the first time I'd recognised how attractive I really found him.

I tip-toed into the bathroom and stared at the bird's nest of hair and grey-ish bags under my eyes. I brushed my teeth and my hair, tying it back into pigtail plaits and adding a baby blue bandana over the top. When I went back into my room, everyone but Pacey was awake. I happily volunteered to be the one to wake him with a nice splash of cold water in the face.
He sat up violently and and yelled, wiping the excess water from his eyes.
'Well played Y/L/N! I've clearly taught you well.' Everyone was still laughing at him, our stomachs getting sore from the laughter.
'But don't think you know all my secrets Y/N Y/L/N, when you least expect it. That's when I'll get my revenge!'
'Ooh Pace I'm really scared!' I giggled, mocking him with my hands up in surrender. 'What're you going to do? Try to rig my locker like you did to Dawson on April fools? Let's just hope you don't break two of your fingers again!'
He smirked at me with one eyebrow raised and arms folded, as if to say: 'very clever Y/N'.
'Breakfast anyone?' I said, and there was a unanimous groan amongst the group, the hangovers had kicked back in after the laughing stopped.

I got everyone settled around the kitchen table and got Jack to hand out large cups of coffee. I stayed over the stove for a good 45 minutes, cooking crêpes (I'd always wanted to be good at normal pancakes but could never get them fluffy). Nobody seemed to mind. Then Andie offered to take over, I was incredibly grateful, feeling just as awful as everyone else was. We ate pretty much in silence, then walked to school together. It was already into second period, but not even Andie seemed to be stressed about missing class, we'd had a good time and that was what mattered.