5 and a half chapters

By the time it came to the weekend, I was exhausted. I'd spent the remainder of the week attempting to catch up on sleep, but I wasn't very successful. It took a strong coffee each morning to get me through all my classes. Everyone else acted similarly, maybe a party on a school night wasn't such a great plan whoops. Of course the only person still as chipper as always was Pacey. And he took extra pleasure in taunting the rest of us, which drove me insane. Something was still there from that morning when I woke up and saw him differently, I kept trying to push the feeling away, but every time he smiled or wrapped his arm around me I couldn't help but beam.

On Saturday, I made sure that I wouldn't be disturbed until at least noon, which meant I felt refreshed when I woke. I decided to have a lazy day, sauntering around the house in my pyjamas and watching re-runs of Full House (my favourite show as a kid which makes me nostalgic). When I walked past the mirror I noticed that despite my hair being in disarray and the button-up shirt hanging down from shoulder- I actually looked quite pretty. It was the natural sort, my skin was clear and I looked different somehow. Typical that it happens on a day where I don't plan on leaving the house. I flopped into an armchair at around 4pm and continued on reading The Great Gatsby with a cup of hot tea beside me.

The phone rings

I had no idea how long I'd been reading for, 5 and a half chapters, whatever that was. I marked my page and tried exhaustively to stand myself up from the chair. Hobbling over to the phone, the joints in my knees each gave a nice firm click, I answered.
It was Andie, she said that her and Jack wanted to go see a movie, I agreed to come along when I heard it was a re-release of Back to the Future, so it wouldn't matter if I fell asleep.

I started getting ready by hopping in the shower. I put my favourite mixtape into my speakers and blasting it in the bathroom. I had until 6.30 to get ready and get to the movie theatre, so I enjoyed myself with an extra long shower. I got out and wiped the condensation from the mirror with one swoosh. I brushed my teeth and found myself day-dreaming that I was getting ready for a proper date at the movies. It came on strong sometimes, feeling lonely and just longing for someone to look at you that way. But I found myself drifting into picturing the person with me, it was Pacey. It was completely innocent though, I'm sure it could've just as easily been Jack if he wasn't gay, must just be because he's the other boy I'm closest to.

I went into my room and picked out a denim miniskirt with a white graphic baby-tee. I did my make up natural, just a little bit of blush, mascara and lipgloss, I was never one for the full-blown face of make up. I blow dried my hair and then curled it, trying to get that Pamela Anderson look, it didn't exactly look like I wanted, but it'd do. I grabbed a purse and laced up my Doc Marten's boots, they were the classic kind with soft black leather and they gave me another couple of inches extra height. I always felt powerful in them, like I could kick anyone's ass if I wanted to.