Be my next adventure?

The following Saturday:

Mom had left early that morning, I found the note on the kitchen counter reading: 'I love you so much honey. Money is in the normal place in the cereal box and I will be back two weeks on Thursday. I'm so sorry this is the way it has to be for now, but one day I'll make up for it! Mom X'
I wondered around the house in my pyjama shirt and made myself some bacon for breakfast, I loved watching it sizzle away in the pan and shrink down into crispy rashers. I sat, alone, at the breakfast bar and ate my bacon with one hand, whilst holding a book in the other. I'd moved on from the Great Gatsby yet again and started a new book this time, it was called Northern Lights. I had heard people rave about it, but being only a few chapters in I felt my comfort books calling me back.

I'd planned to go out to the grocery store later, to stock up on the essentials for the next few weeks. I thought about stopping by at Andie's and seeing if she could come with me, she knew I was always down straight after mom leaves. I grabbed the cash out of the cereal box on my way out the door and locked it behind me. As I cam down the porch steps I saw Pacey, sitting on our garden bench and looking out onto the creek. My chest tightened and I felt a hole boring in the pit of my stomach. Do I go up to him? What do I say? What is he even doing here?
'Pace?'
'I couldn't stay away, I know I'm meant to be a better friend to Dawson than this, but I couldn't stand the idea of you hating me. Or worse, you thinking that I hated you. Because I don't. The crazy thing is over these last couple weeks I've never missed anyone more in my life. I don't know what this feeling is     Y/L/N, and I don't know if it's just me feeling it too.'
Those words blew through me like a strong wind, sweeping the tightness from my chest, so that I could breathe in deeply and calmly again.
'If you're saying that you have feelings for me Pacey, then you're not alone. I don't even know if that's what you're saying. But I've missed you so much too, I was a complete idiot and messed everything up!' I began to tear up and I could hear my voice cracking.
'I tried to apologise to Joey, but she doesn't want to forgive me, I don't blame her. But I... I just wanted you back again!' I let myself go and felt my knees buckle, my vision blurred through water.

As I fell to the ground, he caught me and I sunk down into him. His arms were strong and steady, wrapping me tightly into his chest so I was comforted feeling it move up and down with each of his breaths. I nuzzled closer into him and tried to steady my own breathing, taking in the deep smell of his cologne. I felt safe here. Pacey began stroking my hair making me calmer with each stroke.
'Can we really do this Pace? Won't everyone get hurt all over again?'
'All I know is I want you I my life and in my arms everyday. I don't want to have to try and pretend like I don't have these immense feelings for you and try to turn away again. I can't. I know, sitting here, holding you close, I want everyday to follow this one.'

He didn't loosen his grip on me and we sat like that for a long time. After a while he lifted my chin to look up at him, I could feel that my face was red and puffy from crying, but he looked at me with a smile, he didn't seem to care.
'So what do you say then, Y/L/N? Want to start an adventure together?'
I nodded furiously and my face lit up with a smile.
'Yes! Yes Pacey!'
We kept eye contact until I felt him start to lean closer, I moved forward to show that I wanted to kiss him too. He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear and then our lips met, I closed my eyes and felt the biggest butterflies in my stomach swirling around.