Squeals and smiles

Monday, before school:

'Ahhhh! No way! There is absolutely no way!' Andie squealed, whilst tapping her feet on the ground in a happy little jig. All I could was smile at her and nod my head furiously, our hands interlocked between us.
'I knew you liked him! I knew it, I knew it! That's it I'm officially always right.' I rolled my eyes at her and we began walking to school. I told Andie all about how we'd made up and how he spent the night on my couch, then we spent the next day cuddled up reading. Andie was the next level of her bubbly self, squealing and hopping up and down every time I said something remotely interesting.
'I'm just scared that it'll make things tricky, especially for Jack. Me and Pacey are really his only friends and if Joey makes things difficult at work then he'll end up paying the price. I can't stand by and watch that happen, Andie.'
'Jack will survive Y/N, you know he'll love to see you two together. I can always call in a favour from Dad, he's got plenty of spare cash, and I'm sure Jack could find another job if he really needs it.'
'Ok, as long as you really think that?' But Andie didn't dignify that with a response, it was one of those connections we had as best friends. I knew just what she was saying even though no words left her mouth.

Suddenly an arm around my shoulder gave me a slight start. Then I heard Pacey panting loudly in my ear.
'Good Lord! I've been trying to catch...up for 3... blocks, whew!'
'Sorry Pace, we were too wrapped up in your new love story!' Andie laughed and gave us a secretive look.
'Speaking of which, good morning beautiful.' He said, turning his head down and lifting my chin up so we could look at each other. Both smiling.
'You two are going to make me into a third wheel. I'm just going to ignore you making dreamy eyes at each other and move on to talking about this weekend!'
'What's this weekend?' I asked, confused why Andie said it with such enthusiasm.
'Honestly, Y/N, sometimes I think you have your head in the clouds!' She rolled her eyes at Pacey, but his face showed the same look of confusion as mine. 'The dance! At school, the spring formal.'

Both me and Pacey looked at each other and began to chuckle. Both our faces said 'why on earth would we want to go to the spring formal?'
'Come on you guys! I've already found the perfect dress and Jack wants to go too. It won't be any fun without at least a small group of us.' Andie had a slight whiny tone to her voice, she always put it on when she was desperate to get her own way.
'Well Y/L/N, I'd hate to turn down the opportunity to see you in a gorgeous dress and twirl you around in my arms for an evening.' Pacey said, squeezing my hand tight.
'Fine then! But you are coming with me to choose a dress Andie because I cannot make a decision for the life of me.' I said.

Andie jumped up and down again and then began running when she saw Jack near the front of the school. She was practically screaming from the excitement of everything going on, me and Pacey, the dance, it was all going her way and she loved it. Jack whistled at us as we came towards him.
'Oh shut up Jack! We'll find you a boyfriend soon and then you won't need to be jealous. Although, if you had a date I don't know who Andie would take to these dances!' I giggled and heard Pacey laughing too, Andie pulled a sour face, but she knew I was only teasing.

Pacey walked me to my class, we held hands all the way and swung them back and forth between us. We talked about having to go to the dance and how we'd have to make sure Andy sorted a decent DJ, her being on the social committee, otherwise there's no way we'd be dancing. Just before we reached the door to my English class Pacey stopped and sing me around to face him. His hands were on my waist and his breathing was slow and calm as he looked down at me. He smoothed back my hair and titled my head forward to go give me a gentle kiss on the forehead. I nuzzled into his chest, tightening my grip around his stomach. We released each other then I trailed my hand behind me until I was forced to let go of his hand.
'See you at lunch beautiful. I'll be waiting on the green in our usual spot.' He blew a kiss and winked and I giggled in reply.
'Bye Pace.'