Unoriginal

After school:

I waited by the front steps, having showered and changed out of my gym clothes. I felt much better, refreshed and far less tense, desperately looking forward to seeing Pacey. 
'M'Lady?' I heard from behind and spun around to see Pacey with a large wicker picnic basket in one hand. 'I thought we might take a leisurely stroll and then sit by the creek for a romantic meal of Walgreen's finest: red grapes, club sandwiches and a sparkling beverage.' He said as he pulled out a large plastic bottle of Fanta from his basket.
'Shall we?' Pointing his elbow out towards me. I obliged and linked my arm into his and gave him a peck on the cheek.
'Our first date. Sounds wonderful sir!'

When we reached the side of the creek, in the woods not too far from the Witter house. Pacey pulled out and laid down a classic red picnic blanket, he's thought of everything! Pacey sat down first and I stretched out beside him and rested my head down on his legs. I looked up at him while he organised the food, he had a serious face of concentration, where the tip of his tongue poked slightly out of his mouth. I let out a little giggle.
'You really our quite something Pacey Witter.'
'What can I say, Y/L/N? I'm a gentleman at heart, more of a romantic than you thought, huh?'
'More incredible than I could've ever thought.'
I propped myself up on my elbows and leant towards him. He crossed his arm over to the other side of my body, moving close until there were only a few inches between us. Flicking his eyes up and down, we stayed there looking at each other for a minute. Then we embraced into a kiss, he moved further over the top of me and I sat up and put one hand on his face and wrapped the other arm around his neck. Pacey moved his hands onto my waist and pulled me forward so my legs moved to straddle over his. Then we both pulled back and put our foreheads together, maintaining eye contact.

'You're so beautiful, Y/L/N.'
'You're not so bad yourself, Pace. Now, I don't know about you,' I said turning around and leaning back into his chest, 'but I want to dig into this wonderful feast you've prepared for us. Given you've gone and brought grapes and all, going to feed them to me like in the corny romantic movies?'
'Of course! I might be romantic, but expecting me to be original is a bit far fetched!' He laughed and pulled a couple of grapes of the stalks and placed one between my lips.
'Mmmm, delicious!' I said, over-mimicking noises of enjoyment and rubbing my stomach in circles dramatically.
'You absolute dufus!' He said, rolling his eyes at me.
'And you love me for it!'
'Well you've got me there Y/L/N. You've got me there.'
I laid my head back onto his lap and he stroked my hair as we ate, joked around and giggled at each other.

I paused for a second, checking if I'd gotten it right. Rain.
'Pacey, quick!' We bundled everything up as fast as we could and ran to Pacey's house. I tripped up over a branch and nearly tumbled to the ground, but Pacey caught me by pulling me up by the waist. We didn't stop running until we got to the house. Pacey grabbed me by the hand and we flew past his family who were gathered in different rooms downstairs. His mom and older sister in the kitchen washing up from dinner and his dad sat infront of the TV yelling something at some kind of sports game. By the time we got into Pacey's room I was shivering from being drenched through.
'Oh no, sweetheart you're freezing. Hang on we need to get you out of those wet clothes.' He pulled out a sweater and some sweatpants and handed them to me in a bundle. 'Come on, I'll show you to the bathroom.'
He switched on the shower and pulled down a towel from the bathroom cupboard. Giving me a kiss on the forehead, he left the bathroom so I could warm myself up. After the steaming hot shower I threw on the sweats he'd left me. They were giant and so cozy, and they smelt of him.