Fun and games

At the end of the school day:

I meet Andie and Jack by the front steps at school, just brings along Jen because she's struggled to make friends recently, especially since Abi died and she broke up with Dawson. I suggest we should have a party at my house- nothing big but something for everyone to enjoy. My parents were away a lot anyway, so being an only child could get pretty lonely. We all waited around for Pacey, probably on his way back from an extra detention or lecture at the end of class. As we waited we saw Dawson and Joey pass by, I checked with Jen first and asked if they wanted to come along.
'That's so nice of you Y/N, but we've got plans. It's Spielberg's birthday so we're watching his top 3 grossing films in celebration!' Dawson called back with a smile and a wave. Joey stood beside him, arms folded and looking disinterested. Clearly, she didn't want to come anyway.

Pacey arrived around 10 minutes later, almost skipping down the steps to try and brush off whatever teacher-related problem had made him late. His Hawaiian shirt was blue, green and white and it hung loosely over his frame. It was buttoned almost to the top, with the dark shades of his sunglasses tucked over the highest button, dragging it down so some of his chest was visible. He had that classic Pacey grin plastered across his face and he winked at me when he reached us.
'Party at mine Pace. You in?'
'Well I have got homework to do...I guess that fun, teenage stuff can win just this once. Got to keep up my reputation as school slacker!'
'Great! But just so you know, we're stopping by the drugstore on the way there. I am NOT letting you look like that for any longer than a day.' I laughed.

At the drug store:

'What do you reckon Y/L/N? Think pink is my colour? What about red or green huh?' Pacey held up each box of dye and imitated the model's face on each one. He clearly wanted me to visualise him as the model, but they were all 30-year-old women, so the image couldn't stick. I just rolled my eyes and laughed at him. I flicked past each box until I found one that closely resembled his natural colour.
'My treat.' I said. 'It's doing me a favour not ruining people's view of me, that I'd be friends with someone who has such ridiculous hair!'
'Woah, very hostile attitude from you, Y/L/N. Your hair isn't always so perfect you know? Remember the time you had that bob cut?' He bends over hands on his knees, laughing. 'Now that was some awful hair!'
'Shut up Pace!' I said and pushed him playfully.

We all walked back to my house and started setting up for the party. The others had gone to the market while we were in the drugstore and picked up all the essentials: chips, dip, cups and all the classic party essentials. We had beer and vodka at my place. My parents never really minded me and my friends drinking, just as long as everyone was safe. I put Jen in charge of music, she was the best at that sort of thing, and we all hung out, drank and ate. Later on we played games like 'would you rather' and 'truth or dare', we're clichéd, I know but sometimes you can't beat the classics. I hadn't laughed like this in so long. It was nice.

The creek in Capesideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें