Sorry

I ran until I couldn't breathe anymore. I reached the side of the creek and sat on the bank, holding my knees tight to my chest as it rose up and down unevenly. The tears kept rolling down my cheeks, although I tried to tell myself to stop them and my nose began to run. You've falling for that 'innocent' boy routine again Y/N, he doesn't respect you, he doesn't care about you. It was all an act just to get you to sleep with him.

After a little while I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Jen. She sat down beside me and put her arm around me and pressed my head into her chest. I sobbed and sobbed.
'Y/N, maybe it was just a misunderstanding. I'm sure Pacey would never mean to hurt you, I've never seen him be with someone the way he is with you.'
'I wish that were true Jen, but it's only been a couple weeks. I just can't stop hearing what he said over and over. How could he do that to me?'
'I'm so sorry, Y/N.' Jen held me tighter.
My eyes felt raw and my rib cage ached. I eventually pulled away from Jen and stood up. She walked me back home and offered to stay, I accepted. I didn't want to be all alone. I pulled on my pyjamas and we sat on either end of the sofa watching movies until I fell asleep.

I awoke to Jen's voice and a small draft blowing through the house, it sent a chill down my spine. As I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and stretched out the crick in my neck I picked up the sound of another voice. Pacey's voice.
'Look she's asleep Pacey, she was so upset you need to give her time to recover. I don't think she'd want to see you yet anyway.'
'You have to let me talk to her Jen! It's been awful waiting this long, I haven't slept all night. Please, please just let me in!'
I got up and pushed Jen aside gently to see Pacey. His eyes were bloodshot and surrounded by dark shadows, he looked terrible.

'Pacey, please just go. I can't talk to you now and I can't bear to see you like this.' No matter how furious I was with him, it pained me to see him looking so distraught.
'Sweetheart, I have to talk to you. You've got it all wrong!'
'I'm not your sweetheart anymore Pacey. I've asked you to go now please go!'
I was becoming more enraged but I didn't have any energy to fight with him. He kept pleading with me but I was shouting back at him, my throat wrenching and tears building in my eyes again.
'THE CONDOMS WERE FOR DAWSON!' He screeched. 'They were for Dawson. Not for me. I swear to you, Y/N.'
My stomach squirmed and I was left speechless. Now what do I say? I jumped straight to conclusions and was completely wrong. I feel so stupid.

'Believe me, I am in no rush for us to have sex. I don't want to rush things with us. It's too precious.'
I couldn't say anything, I just started crying again and leaned into Pacey's chest. He wrapped his arms so tight around me and we dropped down to the floor.
'I'm sorry Y/N. I'm so so sorry.'