Chapter Thirty Four: Actual Shopaholics

*1 Month later*

The day felt like it was going on forever.

I had been in multiple meetings all day, hadent been on set at all. I kept getting messages from crew asking me about certain things that I somehow had to explain to the over through a message whilst trying to be present in the meeting room. Sam was also with me, sat in the corner of the room, barely conscious, fighting everything in her to not fall asleep. The clock on the wall behind Matt's head read 6:56 PM. I'd pretty much been in this room for the better part of 10 hours. The only reason I would leave was for the bathroom or when we had stopped for lunch.

All I wanted to do was go home, get into bed and spoon Joseph.

I miss him.

He was back in the UK seeing his family and friends while he had some time off. He had begged me to go with him but I just couldn't afford to leave work, I had taken on a few more jobs and I didn't want to let anyone down.

My heart broke when I woke up the morning he had left. His flight was at 6AM so he left my place extremely early. I can briefly remember him leaving as he gave me a kiss on my head making me stirr but I was still pretty much asleep. When I finally woke up I had forgotten that he would have already left and rolled over to hug him, only for my heart to sink at the feeling of the cold empty spot next to me. I shot up realising I didn't wake up to say goodbye to him properly. I had asked him to wake me up but he probably wanted to just let me sleep. My suspicions were confirmed when I found a small not on my bedside table that read"

'I couldn't bring myself to wake you up, you looked too cute. I will see you in 3 weeks beautiful.
I love you so much x
- J'

Damn him and his cuteness.

He had been gone just over two weeks now though and it was honestly the hardest thing ever. Not seeing him pretty much everyday whether it be at work or otherwise, was awful. Trying to get the time to talk to each other properly was also proving to be difficult. Even with only a slight time difference and mixed schedules, it did not make for an easy time apart.

I woke up pretty early this morning after my 10 hour work day. I had pretty much come straight home and passed out for about 13 hours. I was exhausted. I lay there in bed for a while, staring up at the ceiling and thinking about him, wondering what he was up to. Missing him so much it made my heart hurt. Until my thoughts landed on a particular subject.

My hospital visit...

I still hadn't told him the details as to why I was in there. Part of me wishes I didn't have to tell him, but I knew I did. Since that night at the movies i was so worried things would be weird between us but we've actually been pretty good and nothing has really changed. However, there's just this weird mutual feeling of there's something we both know and need to talk about but we just haven't. I couldn't. Its like a bug flying around us, we both know its there but just ignoring it or swattinf it when it comes near you. I wish I could bug spray the fucker. Bit now that I have had time to think about it, I do feel slightly better about telling him. I dread his reaction and what he will say or think but I know that he loves me. Therefore, it should be fine, right?

"Billie?" said Sam through the door. She opened it slowly "can I come in?". I sat up in bed as I saw her and smiled, so she came in and sat on the bed. "Look I know you are depresso about your hubby being away and all but I think we should go out and do something, take your mind off it" she said with a little pep in her voice. "what did you have in mind?" I laughed, seeing her light up at my hopeful response before giving me a knowing look. I knew exactly what she wanted to do. "shopping?" I laughed again "Duh!" she exclaimed as we both giggled.