Chapter Sixty: Balls in Courts

"That didn't take long. Someone seems to be mentally undressing you already" Whispered Maya to me as we walked onto the set.

I couldn't help the smile that pulled at my mouth, followed by a small laugh. I was surprised I even heard her as my heart was beating so loud in my chest. I could feel his eyes on me as we approached and when I caught his eye, I couldn't help but send him a look like I was craving him, cause at that moment I was. I missed him so much it actually hurt. Even though we've spent longer amounts of time apart, this was a thousand times worse. He was around but I just couldn't talk to him or kiss him or touch him or even really acknowledge him and it was pure agony. I visibly saw his breath catch in his throat when we caught each other's eye which made me smirk. I looked away quickly and continued past him, just to tease him a little. If you could make up with just a look though it was the one we gave each other for sure. But I wasn't going to let him off so easily, I needed to talk to him before I went and let my horny ass decide to forgive him without a little grovelling from his end.

I was seriously enjoying this burst of confidence... I should ask for pep talks from the girls more often...

We were filming Robin, Eddie, Steve and Nancy in the boat trying to find the "watergate". I had spent the week watching Joe film the underwater parts of this particular scene and it was honestly crazy. The training and breathing techniques he had to learn were intense, something I would never be able to do. He did such a great job in the water tank and didn't complain once about how many times they had to do takes. The absolute definition of a rockstar.

I also loved seeing how in awe of Joe Sam was as we both watched him work. As happy as I was to see her like that, admittedly it probably wasn't the best week to see it as it had pushed me to cry in my trailer over lunch break yesterday. They were just so cute together, so in sync and so loving with each other and it just made me miss Joseph that much more. I couldn't stop watching her as she watched him, knowing exactly how she felt as it was how I knew I looked at Joseph.

I made sure to keep my cool whilst we were filming, trying to keep my attention on working and not on a particular brown-eyed boy. I could feel Joseph's eyes bore into me now and then between takes which made it a little harder to concentrate. Who am I kidding, a lot harder to concentrate. The few times I did catch him his eyes darkened a little and it took everything in me not to give him a reaction. I just averted my eyes and hid any blushes or smirks I couldn't contain. The butterflies and tingles it sent through me were off the charts though. My petty ass did like to sit in my chair in ways that showed off my legs and suggestively chewed at my pen from time to time. I didn't look at him as I did any of these things but I didn't have to to know he was staring at me.

To make matters worse I had completely forgotten that this scene meant that Eddie would be getting wet. Very wet. If I couldn't control myself at the sight of him drenched he wouldn't be the only one who was wet. I knew the time to talk to him would be at lunch before we shot him throwing himself in the lake because beyond that point I'm not sure how my ability to contain myself would hold up.

Once the brothers dismissed us, however, I panicked immediately and trailed behind Sam and Joe to the cafeteria.

'I thought you were going to talk to Joseph?" Asked Joe as we sat down with our food. I mean they got food, I just got coffee cause the thought of talking to Joseph finally was making me feel sick.

"Yes I know, I mean I am- I think so, ugh...I don't know" I rubbed my face in my hands.

"Hey hey, makeup!" Sam reminded me, reaching over and pulling my hands away.

"Oh shit, is it ok?" I exclaimed. she studied my face intently

"You're good" she sighed in relief.

"Billie, he's just as nervous as you, you've just got to do it. Rip the ban aid off and get it over with" Joe continued as he tucked into his fries.